Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Unsolicited Love

Today was a monumentous day for two reasons:

1. Carter went teetee in the potty standing up for the first time like such a big boy. You should have seen the look of shock, admiration, and pride on his face at his big accomplishment. He proudly told me "Tarter did big teetee like Daddy." What a proud day for the Lewis family.

2. When I came home from work, Carter ran to me and told me "wuv you mommy" while I hugged and kissed him. This is the first time that he has ever given me an unsolicited "I love you." It absolutely blessed my heart. All night I have been thinking about how much parents delight in hearing those words and how much our Heavenly Father delights in our unsolicited expressions of love for Him. I never knew that being a mom would mean learning to be a better daughter too. Thanks, Tarter, for the sweet reminder.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ah, such sweet love from our little ones! Carter made me laugh today, all the way back to your house he kept saying "Mary"---then nothing. "Mary" "Mary" just testing it out I guess! Have a wonderful vacation with your little angel!!!

Jenn said...

Wow how time flies! It seems like just yesterday that I met "Tarter" when he still needed help to walk! He's is absolutely growing up so fast! Oh Kristen, your blogs are always a bright spot in my day! :)

Anonymous said...

You are the very best daughter there ever was. Yes, it blesses my heart every single time that you tell me you love me. Some things never grow old. By the way, I love you too!!