Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Unashamed Love.

God has really been working on my heart in a lot of ways lately- maybe one day I will work up the courage to share all of my flaws and inadequacies with the blogging public. Maybe. If you know me in real life, you can just fill in the blanks. But for now just know that I am trying to be deliberately obedient to my Heavenly Father in some areas of my life that are really hard for me to lay down. Anyway, God completely gave me this song this week and as I write this I am playing it over and over again on I-tunes. It is called "Unashamed Love" by Ten Shekel Shirt. I am sure that it is really old, but it is new to me. If I were a smarter girl I would somehow play this song for you but I am completely confused after reading how to upload music files, so the printed lyrics will have to suffice. I will say that it is completely worth the $.99 to download the song. Thank you, God, for reminding me of your personal and patient love for me in so many ways.

UNASHAMED LOVE

You're calling me to lay aside the worries of my day
To quiet down my busy mind and find a hiding place
Worthy, Worthy

I open up my heart and let my spirit worship Yours
I open up my mouth and let a song of praise come forth
Worthy, You are worthy

chorus:
Of a child-like faith
And of my honest praise
And of my unashamed love
Of a holy life
And of my sacrifice
And of my unashamed love

5 comments:

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

I am praying for you dear, sometimes we all have areas we need a little extra help and guidance on! You are such a blessing to your family and friends and to that little man you call Carter, don't ever forget that!

Anonymous said...

Good move. I am her for you. Love ya. Sum

Anonymous said...

from Angela . . .
What a beautiful song/poem, Kristen. Thank you for sharing it with your blogging world! Today was quite a challenge and this song was good for me, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey friend,

I've been out of town for 5 days and am so glad to get caught up on your blog. Thanks for your openness in sharing. You bless my soul! Much love, B.

Anonymous said...

He's workin' on all of us, friend. Never, ever think that you're alone on the journey.