So, at the risk of my blogging public thinking that I am spoiled completely rotten, I have to share about my baby shower on Thursday! My precious friends at Evans Middle School completely showered me with diapers, toys, and all things girlie! Let me assure you that this child will want for nothing when she is born. She has enough diapers for three months conservatively and enough clothes to get through her entire first year without repeating an outfit! I never imagined that girl stuff would be so much more fun than boy stuff, but it really is! I mean, what is not to love about a dress with matching hat, tights, and shoes?
The thing that most floored me about the whole day was how many friends came to a shower off campus on a school night just to love on me! I was completely blown away. Those of you that know me know of my baby shower insecurity, where I convince myself that maybe two people will be there. I was beyond amazed when the vast majority of our female faculty were either there or represented! Wow! This is why I love my job. I work with the best people on earth!
Below are my precious hostesses:
Monica (Briady's mommy), Bev (my partner in crime), Melissa (our fabulous nurse), Bev (the single coolest librarian on the planet), Susan (retired cookie maker), Carol (perhaps the mother of Evans), me,
Kelsey (Madi's mommy), and Corie (simply adorable).

Check out this table!
Here is Carter attacking Madi. He would not stop kissing her!

A very happy me.

The basket was my hostess gift. It was a shower in itself- filled with outfits, shoes, a piggy bank, paci clips, lotions, diapers, hangers, you name it!

Thank you, friends, for making this relative newcomer feel so very loved and like part of the family! What an amazing day!
5 comments:
Yeah for baby showers! I'm glad to see pictures of the latest festivities. Of course people turned out; they love you! Can't wait to come by and see your new goodies once we get back to town. Love and miss you.
My goodness Kristen! You are blessed! Love you!
The shower was so much fun!!! I love the picture of Carter and Madi, I might have to get a copy of that. He is welcome to come kiss on her anytime.
You forgot to mention how you are naming Evyn after your school. Just kidding. I had to read "Evyn's Evans baby shower" a few times though...The shower was fabulous and so are you! Love you lots!!!!!!
gosh girl... you are set!
Post a Comment