Today was an emotional day. I used to get frustrated at how very "emotional" God made me. I viewed it as a weakness. A flaw. Since becoming a mother, God has given me a new appreciation for the range and intensity of emotions that He has given me the opportunity to experience.
My other "intensely emotional" friends (you know who you are) will appreciate the range of emotions that I felt today. Here are just a few.
Anticipation- summer is so close that I can taste it.
Appreciation- I really love my job- especially as the year draws to a close, and I get to reflect back on the past year. I am so blessed to work with some families who have gone out of their way to make me feel loved and appreciated.
Sadness- I attended the funeral of a beautiful young woman today. She lived her life in a wheelchair, yet exuded the love of Christ. As I watched her mother say goodbye to her daughter, I was overwhelmed with sadness. I sat next to another sweet friend who buried her 11 year old daughter just a few short years ago. A mother should never have to live through this kind of sadness. My heart aches just imagining it.
Joy- I know that this young lady is whole again and that she is dancing with Jesus! It was so peaceful to be at the funeral and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is with her Heavenly Father and feels no more pain.
Pride- Mike officiated the funeral. I was praying for him the whole time because it was such a powerful and emotional service. He was amazing. The Holy Spirit spoke through him. He was passionate and eloquent. I sat back and marveled at this incredible man who loves others so deeply and loves the Lord with all of his heart.
Happiness- Evyn is super ticklish. Carter has a hilarious imagination. Spending time with the two of them simply makes me happy.
Mike lovingly tells me that God made me "passionate." I think that it is his gentle way of acknowledging that I have a tendency for extreme emotion. But I am also reminded that it is a gift to be able to really feel and experience all of the emotions that life has to offer. Today I laughed and I cried. And I am thankful for both.
2 comments:
It's a GOOD thing that you experience life to the fullest, including all the ranges of emotions. And love you EXACTLY the way you are!!!
Ditto Brigitte!!!
Post a Comment