Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Kindergarten!

I remember being pregnant with Carter and talking to a group of Kindergarten parents at orientation. I read "The Kissing Hand" and cried in front of all of them because I already knew that sending my baby to school would be a huge milestone for both of us. Ever since that point in time, I have looked forward to today with a mix of dread, fear, anticipation, and excitement. As proud as I am of how Carter is growing into such an amazing young man, I don't feel quite ready to share him with the world. Regardless of my feelings, Carter has been excited about "big school" for quite some time now. And I am proud to say that he had a fabulous first day and I managed to almost hold myself together!



He is indulging me in a first day of school kiss. Not to worry, he wiped it off immediately after the picture.


"Blowing it up" with dad is much more his speed.


Carter is at Haynes Elementary, which is immediately across the street from me at Evans. We have already received such a warm reception, and I feel like he is going to have a wonderful year there.


We were so excited to learn that Carter's buddy, Ellie, was in his class at school! As an added bonus, their desks are together! And, they napped together. And ate together. And. . .


Evyn came along for the drop off. She insisted on bringing her powdered sugar donut with her.


My big boy at his desk. He was also super excited to have a locker to put his backpack in!


This is Mrs. Rudder! Already I am hearing "Mom, did you know that Mrs. Rudder taught me how to do duck tails and bubbles?" "Mom, did you know that Mrs. Rudder says that we do our own lunch choices every day?" I have a feeling that we will hear a lot about Mrs. Rudder in our house!

At the end of the day, he told me that his favorite parts were using his elephant lunchbox, recess, and napping with Ellie! I am so excited to see all the ways that this sweet boy will grow and change this year! He is certainly off to a great start!

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

What a big day! So glad he loves school. He looks like a natural. K, I LOVE your haircut. Super cute on you!!!

Mom said...

He looks so small with the Haynes wall behind him. Adorable pics. Love you.

Mary said...

Just wait until he calls you Mrs. Rudder.

Organized Chaos said...

I agree with the haircut comment. Great length and color!

I'm still marveling at the fact he's old enough to go to kindergarten. Makes me choke up a bit. I remember doing his Sheriff Carter birth announcement like it was yesterday.

Ug. What a big boy.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful record of your boy's first day of school. He is such a wonderful kid...a teacher's joy!

Love,
Judy