Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Update- Sunday, August 1st.

I am so very appreciative of the outpouring of prayers, love, support, concern, help with my kids, etc that we have experienced this week. In the midst of all of this, I feel so richly blessed and honestly feel the presence of the Lord. Thank you!

My dad is very stable physically. He is still on the ventilator and heart pump in order to let his body rest as much as possible before surgery. We are scheduled to go into surgery at 7:30 in the morning. The doctors said today that he looks ready to go. I am a huge believer in specific prayer. Please join me in praying for a smooth surgery tomorrow. It is a risky surgery if you go in with a relatively healthy heart, but the risk increases drastically when your heart is functioning like my dad's. Also, please pray that the damage to his heart from the heart attack is minor. He will have congestive heart disease of some kind- we are not sure how extensive or life altering that will be yet. Also, please pray for his emotional state after surgery. We are told that depression is very common after this kind of procedure. Please pray that God will fill him with strength, perseverance and joy. Finally, please pray for my mom. She is a rock, but I know that this is incredibly difficult on her too.

The nurses are amazed at how lucid my dad has been. He definitely has had moments of clarity over the last few days. He knows when we are there. He mouthed "I love you" to me yesterday and he desperately wants to talk. He responds to our touch, can nod and squeeze our hands, and even cry. It is painful to watch someone who has always been so strong be so incapacitated. I have complete faith that he is going to recover from this and that we have years of joy ahead of us- we are planning campouts and a big family trip to Disneyland. I love my dad so very much. I know that he knows that, but I cannot wait to be able to sit down over a cup of coffee and tell him again! Thank you all for your continued prayers. I will post tomorrow to let you know what is going on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

keeping your dad and your family in my thoughts and prayers. stay strong. He will get you all through this...

linda anderson

Reading Widely said...

I've been praying for all of you and will keep praying tomorrow. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Jim just gave us the GREAT news that prayer is indeed working for your Dad. We continue to lift him and the family up.
Donna Locke

Mary said...

Praying...be sure to let us know how surgery goes.

Jenn said...

Hey sweet girl, Mark has been keeping me updated on your Dad and I've been praying non-stop not only for your Dad, but you guys as well. Love you lots....