This summer, Mike and I completely fell in love with the concept of margin. We want to be deliberate about having unscheduled, unstructured, intentional time together as a family. Not just leftover time at the end of a day, but scheduling down time- time away from cell phones, television, and the internet. Time to have the important conversations, time to laugh together, and time to make memories. Our kids are growing up so quickly and we want to make the most of the time that we have as a family. So, naturally we bought a camper!
They were up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and it was chilly out. Here they are drinking their hot chocolate. They really were happy even though Evyn looks really intense in this picture!
We enjoyed just letting the kids play and explore outside. We played in the creek, caught fish, went to the playground, went swimming, played ladder golf, walked the dog, made s'mores, watched the stars, tried to catch fireflies, blew bubbles, played frisbee, and had a ton of fun together.
Lilly really wanted to catch a dragonfly. She seemed to enjoy getting to be a real part of the family!
Evyn took a break to do a little coloring.
And Carter caught a frog.
I need to take better pictures of the inside of the camper. We were super proud of our new "front porch," including some high class carpet and lights!
We can't wait to plan another trip! These smiles are worth every penny!
9 comments:
Carter's got a good grip on that frog! :) Those are fun finds.
I see many years of camper fun in your future. Enjoy them!
You are such a good wife and mom! Wish I could be half as good. So glad you are loving your camper, looks fun!
Hey girl-great post! Can't wait to do it again...
Mike
oh my, that is amazing. the lights, the carpet- real high class!! love you and glad you are scheduling unscheduled time!
Isn't RV-ing fun? It is super together time, because there is not a lot of room to get away from each other. I am referring to our 3 teen boys, it is a different dynamic. You are going to have fun memories and it is probably the best investment you will ever make. Yeah Lewis family!!
Great memories!! I want some of your good memories because they always look so sweet and fun. I think I'll just come along on the next Lewis family camping trip. Yes. That is a great idea. :)
Way to go, Mike and Kristen! You are making such great memories for your kids. And congratulations for no longer having to sleep on the floor whilst camping!!!
Kristen- I could not have said it better. We have had the same feelings about our kids growing up too fast. These are the kind of trips memories are made from. Have fun always!!
What fun. Can't wait till we can join you.
The frog is amazing.
Post a Comment