I had the opportunity to spend some time hanging out with my nephews this weekend. We went to see the September 11th flags, and getting all four kids to look at me at the same time was next to impossible. This is the best that I could do.
But this was a pretty cute picture of the two big boys. Immediately after taking this picture, they ran away from me giggling. They are big buddies.
And Evyn thought that the flags were tons of fun. She kept saying "I touch it" and then reaching for the flags. It is always so moving to me to see this display and reflect on the lives lost. I am so proud to be an American and never want to forget how blessed I am to live in a country where freedom rings.
This is just a random picture of the prettiest little girl in the whole world. She is so much fun these days. She constantly has a song in her heart. Her favorites include Twinkle Twinkle and The Wheels on the Bus. She loves to read books, loves to dance, is increasingly verbal, and is ever the entertainer. She knows when she is being funny and can completely work a crowd. She gives the sweetest kisses right on the lips. And she is still a daredevil. Taking her to a playground is enough to cause some major anxiety. She is not afraid to climb or jump. She just seems to experience the world with a whole new level of gusto and makes it fun to discover things alongside of her!
And my sweet Carter-bug is loving school. He comes home every day and teaches us something new. On Friday he led Mike through a series of stretches and dance moves that they do in PE. I was rolling. He adores his teacher, loves buying a hot lunch, and is doing beautifully in Kindergarten. We have gotten a few sweet notes from his teacher, which has completely blessed my heart! One day I came home from work to find Carter dressed in his "work clothes." He wanted to help daddy dig, so he had gone upstairs to put on long pants, his boots (that are two sizes too small), and a jacket (again, it fit in the spring) so he would not be cold. He was so proud of his outfit that I just let him keep it on!
Evyn loves her purse. Watching her put on her lipstick and talk on the phone completely cracks me up. Also, she looks so lovely in yellow that I can hardly stand it!
And last but not least, I got my braces off on Mike's birthday! I am having so much fun rediscovering things like milk duds and chewing gum! I keep licking my teeth. I love the way that they look, and am so appreciative of St. Clair orthodontics! This week I get the last two brackets off and start sleeping in a retainer overnight and then am officially done. I got my braces on the week before I found out that I was pregnant with Evyn, so she had never seen me without them until Thursday! Good times!
3 comments:
Beautiful smile, beautiful gal!
Love you,Kristen.
Judy
Beautiful teeth!!!!! Beautiful kiddos!!
I had lots of fun with you seeing the flags but my favorite picture is the last one of you. Love you bunches.
Post a Comment