Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Longest night ever.

We have been fighting sickness in the Lewis house. Evyn had croup, but is on the mend. Then Carter had a nasty fever and cough starting Sunday. When my babies don't feel good, they always want to sleep in our bed. While this sounds sweet, the reality is that a sick baby is a restless baby and I am always super paranoid that I will wake up with whatever they have because they both stick to me like a magnet in bed. I digress. Long story short, I have had one or the other of them in bed with me for the last 4 nights.

Carter really wanted to sleep with us last night and he still had a bad cough, so I let him. Mike and I enjoyed some time snuggling on the couch, and finally headed to bed at about 10:30. When we opened the door to our bedroom it was like being punched in the face. I guess Carter's fever had messed up his tummy, and he had a COLOSSAL accident in our bed. It was one of those times where you have to stop and assess the situation before you can even start. After stripping a teary little boy out of some truly nasty pajamas, stripping the bed, bathing Carter, remaking the bed, and starting the first of 4 loads of laundry to rectify the situation, I was more than a tad bit nauseated. It was gory. The smell was permanently branded in my nostrils and we couldn't even open a window since it was in the negatives outside.

I finally settled in to sleep when Mike woke up to barf. This started at 2:30 and lasted a while. And it was violent. And loud. Trying to be a sympathetic wife, I brought him water and checked on him, but all I could think about was our earlier couch snuggle and then I tried to calculate the amount of time until I was going to be in his situation. I think I went back to sleep at about 3:30.

Luckily today was a snow day so after checking the news, I settled back into bed. Unluckily, I received 5 phonecalls to tell me that there would not be school today all between the hour from 5:30 to 6:30 am. Throw in one more barf session from Mike, and that just about summarizes my morning. I am so thankful to be home with the family today, but no matter what, there will NOT be a child in my bed tonight. Good times.

3 comments:

Monica Curry said...

Oh NO!!! Sounds terrible. I'm sorry all 3 of your babes have been sick. Praying it doesn't take hold of you!

Mom said...

No pictures? :).

Mary said...

Bless your heart! I don't handle barf very well. It seems that when I smell it, I feel like I will be hanging onto the toilet next. So sorry! Your momma is funny!! tee, hee