Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Hero

It has been stupid cold here all week. Our highs were below freezing for four days in a row. Today warmed up a little, and we could not wait to get outside and "air out the kids" for a bit. I told my mom our Cracker Barrel story from last night, and because she is just that kind of Grammy, she brought Carter a toy airplane today as a treat for being so kind to his sister yesterday. It is a super cool styrofoam plane that charges on a base and then flies when you pull the trigger. Carter was shooting it with limited success when I decided to take a turn. We were feeding the ducks, but I was at least 15 feet from the water and shot the plane away from the water. You see where this story is going. . . That sucker took flight. It went about 30 feet up and started circling. Yep, it landed in the middle of the frozen lake. I apologized to Carter and was ready to cut my losses and head inside. Not Mike.

What you see above is Mike in the baptizing waders. He made a quick trip to church, borrowed the baptizing pants, and went into the nasty, frozen, poop filled, playa lake armed with only a small garden rake. Sometimes truth is better than fiction. I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.





(the plane)

(note that the geese are walking on top of the lake)


My hero!

We had a few spectators, a flock of confused geese, one cold daddy, and one very happy little boy! 

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm impressed!

Grammy said...

Mike, you are my hero.

Mary said...

I think I would have headed back to Cracker Barrel instead of the church to get the waders!! Way to go Dad!!

Mark said...

My favorite picture is the one of Carter following Mike out to the lake. I would have loved to have heard the questions being asked!

Brigitte said...

I am completely impressed!!! Who knew those waders could be so handy?! Way to go Mike.

Brigitte said...

I am completely impressed!!! Who knew those waders could be so handy?! Way to go Mike.