Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, August 1, 2011

I am good at vacation. (lots of pictures)

I have a few God given talents. For example, I am really good at sleeping. And at being on vacation. They just seem to come naturally to me. I love summer. I love waking up without an alarm clock. I love hanging out with my kids. I love doing puzzles and making pbj's and going to the park and not wearing makeup. And I am really, really good at it. Sadly, I go back to work this week. I love my job, but the transition is always a rude awakening into the world of alarm clocks and lunchboxes and people who are not always as nice to me as my kids are. So, I savor the time that the Lord allows me to be away from work, and this summer was a real treat!

We went back to Family Kamp for the 3rd year. I just cannot say enough good about this place. The main thing that I love is the caliber of counselors that they have working with your kids. It is such a blessing to watch young people who love the Lord invest their lives in the lives of the people that you love the most. A few days after coming home from camp, Carter asked Jesus to live in his heart! It was such a sweet time of celebration for our family, and I feel certain that the counselors at camp helped him reach that decision! Here are some random pictures of our time at camp.





















We also spent our fair share of time at the ballpark this summer. T-ball was super fun, but the heat this summer was most unpleasant. 

And what would summer be without swimming lessons? Both kids really found their groove in the water this year. Carter can swim independently in the deep without a life jacket. He is quite the little fish. Evyn loves to fully submerge herself underwater and "swim by myself," which makes me a nervous wreck.




I had the opportunity to go to Schliiterbahn with some girlfriends on a middle school counselor retreat. We had a fantastic time. And this is how I was greeted home! Pretty sweet, huh?


And we have loved getting to camp this summer. The memories that we are making as a family are priceless.




 

It has been a fantastic summer, and I am so grateful that I have these sweet memories to take with me as I go back to work!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...they are getting so big! I can see their little personalities in every picture. :). I am right there with you, my summer memories make the transition back to work alot less painful!

Kristen said...

K-Lew, you have such a sweet family. I really like the picture of the kiddos "driving" around in the red mustang. Carter is such a great big brother.
Have a great school year!

Mary said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Judy Gerlt said...

I'm so glad you're good at summer. It shows in the faces of your family. I'm alsoo thankful see you daily at Evans this year!

Brigitte said...

Awww, looks like summer was awesome!! Thanks for the pictures; can't decide which ones were my favorite but I loved the date night pics of you and Mike!