Here's the thing. My life is rich and full and happy. I feel blessed in so many ways. And I don't want to lose that. Who knows if blogs are still a thing when my kids are old enough to surf the web without all of the parental safeguards and whatnot, but if they are, I want them to stumble upon this and know how satisfied I am with my lot in life. So, no promises. Maybe I'm back in the saddle, and maybe this is a passing urge. I guess we'll see.
We just survived time change with daylight savings time. It doesn't matter how old I am or how old my kids are, this rocks my world. I either am falling asleep in my dinner or wide awake in the middle of the night. I just need the ability to hard reset somehow. That said, I have loved driving to work while the sun is coming up. Each day is painted with possibilities and promise. The colors are never the same. Sometimes you can still see a hint of the moon as the sky fills with color. It is inspiring. The same is true of a good old fashioned sunset. Especially in West Texas, there is just nothing like it. But the thing about sunrises and sunsets is that they are breathtaking but fleeting. And not to detract from the glory of a sunny day or star filled night, but their beauty pales in comparison. I find that sometimes in life I'm too busy, distracted, lazy, or overwhelmed to even notice the sunrise. I guess as a metaphor, I'm becoming more aware of how quickly my mommy years are flying by. Sometimes, I miss the brief glimmers of jaw dropping wonder because I am far too focused on the long, hot season ahead. I don't want to be that person.
Allow me to paint you my sunrise moment today. This afternoon, Evyn wrote a book called "God's love." It is written in her best first grade handwriting on a tablet of blue sticky notes. Each note says something different. God is love. God is hope. God is life. God is kind. God is loyal. God is smart. God is a savior. God is with us. You get the idea. She was so proud to give me her masterpiece. And I was able to stop and look directly at the beauty of the moment. The gift of her enthusiasm and love of our Lord. Her precious generous spirit- so eager to give me a gift. Her spelling- because honestly, what 7 year old knows how to spell savior.
I guess my point is that life is so fleeting. Maybe that is why I want to write- it is my feeble attempt to capture more of it. You know, take a snapshot of the beauty. I don't want to forget. Or even if I do, I want to take the time to fully appreciate the sunrise while it is happening. I want to live intentionally.
So, on the off chance that anyone reads this, thanks for playing it cool. Let's see what snapshots of life find their way here!
No comments:
Post a Comment