Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ladies' Man!

It has been so much fun to watch Carter start to really make "friends" his age! He especially loves a little girl named Mai. He definitely has good taste in women! He gets so excited to see her and frequently calls "my Mai" on his plastic Buzz Lightyear telephone. The conversations seem to go something like this: "Hi Mai Mai. What doing? Yes. Ub you. Bye Bye." It is pretty sweet.

Knowing that they will probably roll their eyes at us later, we went ahead and took them to get their pictures made together! Mai was a bit overwhelmed by the whole experience, but we still got some cute shots! Here is a peek!



The best part about this picture is knowing that Summer is fully clothed in a black smock holding Mai in a desperate attempt to make her stop crying! I felt so bad for both of them, but after seeing this picture we all agreed that it was worth it! The things that a mother will do. . .



We couldn't resist the matching pajamas! Cute, huh?



Then we got a few of just Carter, who thinks that having your picture taken is hilarious. Between giggles, he would stop to ask "OK Mai?" as she cried! I found his balance of pure egocentrism and genuine concern for Mai to be quite touching!

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Oh my goodness those are the cutest pictures. I love them! That is so funny that Summer is behind the black curtain, but I would never know if you hadn't said so. I showed Grace the pictures and she looked a little jealous, but I think she'll get over it. Ha! What cute kiddos. Love you, B.

Bonky's Mom said...

Deliciously cute!!! Perhaps an arranged marriage is in order!

love you,
KG