Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas time in Texas!

We have had a wonderful holiday so far, and the best part is that there is still a week of vacation left! This Christmas was absolutely magical. I don't know if it was because it was our first Christmas in the forever house or if it is because Carter is just so much fun now, but the entire experience was exactly what you think about when you daydream about Christmas morning.

My aunt (Soby) is in town from California, and Carter can't get enough of her. We have gotten to spend lots of fun time with Blake and Ava and the rest of the crew, we have eaten tons of great food, and today is cold and cloudy- just like it should be in December. The boys are making playdough pizza as I type and I am just in a happy place right now!

Carter was a hoot opening gifts. He would open one thing and then want to play with it and not open anything else. He kept saying "Thank you Santa. Thank you Jesus." I guess as long as he got them both in, that is OK. He got a play kitchen from Santa and is absolutely fascinated with the plastic hot dogs. He cooks all kinds of yummy treats for mommy and daddy to eat. He also got a big Tonka truck from Uncle Mark that he insists on putting his new "baby" in.

Speaking of the baby, I need to explain. . . Carter's friend, Mai, swapped some toys with Carter over the break and one of those toys was a pink pony baby that Carter loved. He took it EVERYWHERE and when you feed it a bottle it says, "I love you, mommy." This would not do. He now has a new baby that is NOT a doll (according to dad). We call him baby Max. Carter loves changing his diaper and feeding him bottles and taking him for rides on the trike. He is so sweet and nurturing. He just makes me smile.

4 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

Love the slideshow! Mr. Bonk wants to come play with Tartar's new toys...

linley said...

I love the pictures with Baby Max in the little bucket on the back of the trike! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Kristen, just want you to know that my boys had a play kitchen too. They loved playing resturant and cooking. You will be nurturing a great future spouse!! With baby Max too. Happy New Year, I pray blessings over you Lewis family!!
Lori E.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with the slide show - you do amazing things on this blog and it is always so much fun to read. Thanks.