Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Nervous

Carter adores Curious George. Mike saw a commercial that Curious George was going to be at Bergman's (a high end department store in town) this morning and insisted that I take Carter to see him. So, my mom and I loaded up and went to see a man in a monkey suit. It was such a bizarre experience to stand in line with hundreds of kids in a store where the clearance items are still out of my price range. Carter waited patiently for 45 minutes while mommy held him for 45 minutes- my arm is still throbbing! At that point, they announced that George needed a break! Are you kidding me? I am holding a very anxious 40 pound kid and have been staring at your slacks for almost an hour and the stupid monkey gets a coffee break! When George returned looking rather refreshed, we had about 15 minutes longer to wait! Carter waved wildly the whole time yelling "HELLO BIG GEORGE! BIG GEORGE IS HAPPY!" When we finally got to the front of the line, my mom took Carter to see George while I attempted to take a picture. Carter completely freaked out and screamed bloody murder. Apparently "big George" is only appealing from far away. As we left the store, a shaken and upset Carter looked at me and said, "Big George made Tarter nervous." I think we will skip Santa this year!

5 comments:

Summer said...

I feel your pain. Mai refused to put on her snowman pj's tonight because "mommy, I scaredy dat snowman", this line seems to be theme of this Christmas. Poor Carty.

Anonymous said...

I know I shouldn't have, but I giggled. :) Poor Carter! Sorry I missed the big man in the monkey suit. I wonder if he will watch the cartoon the same way again....

Brooke said...

My first thought was...we don't have a store called Bergmans? Then it hit me, then you talked about the price....sure I know where it is, but I have never been in! I am more of an Old Navy pricing type of gal! Too bad George wasn't in Old Navy!

That story made me laugh! That sweet little boy! Do stay away from Santa this year!

We missed you at the cookie party. We played a game that would have been even more entertaining with you playing!

Anonymous said...

ROTFL--sorry...not laughing at Carter's sheer terror, but at your description of George taking breaks...etc. Poor Carter!

BonkLand

Anonymous said...

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. Carter loves George. It must have been the store because I think he had the same reaction that Papa would have had if I had made him go shopping at Bergman's