After dinner tonight Carter begged to go play baseball outside with Daddy. He has always loved Mike but lately he cannot get enough of his daddy. He wants daddy to read to him, carry him, pray with him, tickle him, play baseball with him- you name it. His pure adoration is absolutely adorable but the irony was not lost on me that while I force him to wear a Mama's Boy t-shirt he is becoming more and more like his daddy! I could not ask for a better father and role model for this little boy that I love so much. I sat watching the two of them tonight enjoying the stillness of the moment and the blessings that God has given me.



Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Mama's Boy?
I found a shirt for Carter that I had to buy because it says "I'm a Mama's Boy" which just makes me smile. I figure that I need to make him wear stuff like this as much as possible before he actually learns to read! So, today we had a freakishly hot 100 degree day and it was time for the new shirt to make its debut. Pictured below is the proud model holding his doggie and a bag of Doritos at 8 am.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Too bad Carter isn't a couple of years older.........I'd recruit him for my t-ball team! (My 5 year old boy absolutely REFUSES to wear his mom shirt, but loves his "My dad is the man" t-shirt.)
This kid just gets cuter and cuter. Not even 3 and already playing ball! I wonder if he'll end up wearing a shirt with a team name on it - a major league player taking care of his mom and dad.....
Baseball is fine for now... we both know Uncle Mark is going to be putting the full court press on for basketball soon.
Precious.
You help me to count my blessings every day.
Post a Comment