Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Thankful.

I love my mom. I mean, I REALLY love my mom. We have been close for as long as I can remember, and not just mother/daughter close, but good friend close. We share our hopes and fears, our secrets, our dreams, and our lives. She is the best grandmother on the planet and would do anything for me or my family. She is an amazing and courageous woman.

She gave us all a scare this week. She has been in the hospital since Tuesday. We thought that she was having complications with her asthma, but it turns out that she had a tear in her heart that was causing it to beat like crazy. The good news is that it is treatable and she should be able to return to life as normal soon. The better news is that sometimes I need a good kick in the pants to stop and fully appreciate what a blessing I have in my mother! I am so thankful that she listened to her instincts and went to the doctor and that she will be around to watch my kids grow up. The world would just not ever be the same without her.

Hopefully she will get to come home by Saturday at the latest. I know that we would all appreciate your continued prayers as she continues to heal. I love you, mom.

6 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

So relieved to hear that they know what's going on and that it's fixable...We all love Mom!

Looking forward to hearing that she's home!

Mary said...

We're praying for her! Call if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Well, if this entry didn't make me cry, nothing ever wouldI am so thankful to God for His healing and protection, to my doctors who found the problem and helped this not so patient patient, and to my wonderful family who love me unconditionally and show this to me in so many ways. I'm so blessed!
I must confess, my best treatment came from Dr. Carter, he put on his globes and patted me from head to toe. He wanted to know if I was going to keep on living at the hospital. He said he thought I should go home so that's what I did.
Thanks fot the TLC and the prayers.

Brooke said...

I am so glad she is on the mend! We'll pray! She is a wonderful Mom...she gave us YOU!!!

linley said...

Oh wow. I'm certainly praying! How is she?

Anonymous said...

Blessings to your sweet mom.
I love my mom so much...more every day.