Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Monday, September 8, 2008
My first cello lesson.
We have the coolest orchestra director in the world at school. She told me that I could join her beginners class and learn to play the cello. My goal is to be able to play in the fall concert (if I have not had the baby yet). Today was my first cello lesson, and I am proud to say that I mastered Hot Cross Buns and Mary Had a Little Lamb. Then I moved on to a progressive fingering technique. Sounds complicated, no? Now granted, I am still plucking and have not been allowed to touch a bow yet, but it is coming. You will all be invited to my debut when that proud day rolls around. In the mean time, I am very much enjoying walking around saying "cello?" like Jack Black from School of Rock! Ahhh. Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
1) I had a kid pee their pants the other day...I guess that makes me an official elementary teacher.
2) I'm jealous of your music lesson. Jack can hire me back at anytime!
That's my all time favorite Jack Black line! A close second is his line in Orange County after burning down the Admin building when he says, "My name is Joe....Joe John.....Joe John Johnson (in which Ben Stiller replies) "Where are your pants Joe John Johnson?" Oh that Jack Black and Kristen Lewis can always put a smile on my face :)
You make me laugh. Hard. I love it that you are always wanting to learn new things. I'm sure the kids at your school know you are the coolest counselor ever. If Evyn is already born by then, I'll hold her in the audience so you can have your big moment in the concert!
You are a woman of so many talents! You always bring a smile to my face.
You've got to be the coolest junior high school counselor on the planet! I will be there with my kids in tow to see your debut performance!
I'll be there too! Is there anything you can't do?
You rock! I love it, it's never too late to start something new! BTW...can I call you band nerd? WHAT?
Ummm, I believe that technically I am an orch dork, Brooke!
it's official... you are way to cool for words.
School of Rock is a frequently watched flick around our house and that line is the sole reason Grace wants to learn to play cello. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM
Saw this the other day and totally thought of you... It's hysterical.
Post a Comment