I had a daylong meeting today and got to come home an hour early and was able to greet the kids home from school! What a precious gift of time. We cooked a yummy dinner and went across the street to feed the ducks. I soaked up the simple pleasure of it all- the fresh air, watching the sun shine on Evyn's dark hair, listening to a hundred geese lift off simultaneously, and watching Carter run. A still picture can't quite capture the energy and enthusiasm that this kid puts into running. His arms swing wildly and his stocky little legs go as fast as they are able to carry him. It makes me smile every time.
Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Random Thoughts and Pictures
Is there anything sweeter than watching your firstborn fall in love with your baby? Carter is an amazing big brother. Evyn looks enormous to me in this picture.

I had a daylong meeting today and got to come home an hour early and was able to greet the kids home from school! What a precious gift of time. We cooked a yummy dinner and went across the street to feed the ducks. I soaked up the simple pleasure of it all- the fresh air, watching the sun shine on Evyn's dark hair, listening to a hundred geese lift off simultaneously, and watching Carter run. A still picture can't quite capture the energy and enthusiasm that this kid puts into running. His arms swing wildly and his stocky little legs go as fast as they are able to carry him. It makes me smile every time.
There is absolutely no denying that she is his daughter!
I don't know why these pictures turned crazy, but even sideways, can you believe how amazingly beautiful this little girl is? She moved upstairs to her own room this past weekend and while part of me already misses having her so close, the other part of me can't help but marvel at how much she has grown already and how amazing it is to watch her grow into her own incredible little person. I am so thankful for the gift of my children.

One last random Carter story to leave you with- he found a Sonic gift card on my dresser at 6 this morning and thought it was the perfect time to make a Sonic run. Trying to put him off, I told him that Sonic was closed. He looked me square in the eye and said "Sonic does not have any doors so they can not be closed." Brilliant. I still said no, but that was a very logical argument!
I had a daylong meeting today and got to come home an hour early and was able to greet the kids home from school! What a precious gift of time. We cooked a yummy dinner and went across the street to feed the ducks. I soaked up the simple pleasure of it all- the fresh air, watching the sun shine on Evyn's dark hair, listening to a hundred geese lift off simultaneously, and watching Carter run. A still picture can't quite capture the energy and enthusiasm that this kid puts into running. His arms swing wildly and his stocky little legs go as fast as they are able to carry him. It makes me smile every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good morning! Now this is a beautiful blog! Great to see pictures of Carter and Evyn! Glad you got to meet the kids at the door.
Love you.
Angela
Oh that Carter, your story is too funny! He's one smart kiddo :)
hahah...love the Sonic story! That first picture is so sweet!
Cuties for sure! Are you sure you don't want to "run by" my house on the way to work every morning and drop them off with me?!?!?
Ha!! That IS a most excellent argument...I just love the way children see the world!
That is so cute! And by the way, I know from personal experience that Sonic is open at 6am. Gotta love a Sonic drink, no matter the time of day!
LOL...Mr. Carter is very much on his A-game in the morning, huh? Cute!
Post a Comment