Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Walking Down Memory Lane

I have a confession to make. I completely skipped church this morning for no reason at all. I had an incredibly busy Saturday and I just wanted to have some down time with my babies before the week got underway again. It was fabulous! I went to the grocery store while it was deserted, we snuggled on the couch, I did laundry, and I just savored the gift of "found time" in a quiet house. While the kids were napping, I got out old photo albums and the scanner and had a blast scanning pictures for Facebook! Here are a few highlights, but there are so many more. I was completely nostalgic and really enjoyed reliving some of the good old days as I looked through photos.

It occurred to me that I have always been blessed to have such amazing people in my life. Every single one of them has contributed to who I am today in one way or another. I am so thankful for happy memories, funny pictures, and good friends.

This was youth camp my senior year. We all made these shirts and were so very proud of them!

A daytrip to Roaring Springs with Brigitte, Amy and Melisa!

BEAK (Brigitte, Eli, Amy and Kristen) our Freshman year.

We were camping our freshman year. Thank goodness I had my coonskin hat.

Brig and me in our dorm room- freshman year!

Doing something ridiculous with balloons our freshman year.

BEAK coloring our hair- I think this was Sophomore year.

Me, Brig, and Eli.

Me and Mike- young and in love. And we both had hair!

My sweet Mike in the Cowboy Band!

Me and Amy. We were not really naked but we sure thought this was funny!

Me, Danny and Mark at Brigitte's wedding. Check out the mohawk!

Mike looking rather hispanic.

Our engagement picture. I think Mike looks more Italian here.


I am going to have to go look for more fun stuff to scan. I have thoroughly enjoyed today!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Sooo,,,,are you the tall one?

Bonky's Mom said...

I confess that we, too, might have skipped church once. And it was loverly. :)

Some days you need that!

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy. Thanks for the fun trip down memory lane!! Really fun; some of those pics I hadn't seen before! Now if I can just get that freshman video tape switched over to a dvd format and loaded onto facebook...

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my Sunday too. Thank you for the FB lesson.
Some of these pictures seem like just yesterday and then I look at you and Mike and think it won't be long before you are sending your precious ones off to school, enjoy each moment, it goes by so quickly.
Loving you,