Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Critters

I often wonder if other people secretly have wild adventures and are just more discrete about what they tell people or if I have a disproportionate amount of unusual things happen to me. It really seems like something "blogworthy" happens in our house pretty often. For example, I was recently reflecting on the amount of wildlife that we have discovered in or around our house- who can forget the great mouse infestation of 08, then there was the pigeon in the fireplace, the man in the dumpster, and now we have ducks practically taking up residence in our front yard and a family of possums in the backyard cohabitating with three known yardcats. I love that I never know what a day will hold in our life.

These are the ducks that come by almost daily for bread. One of them is really loud and insistent. We are growing rather attached to our web-footed friends.

We think that this is the daddy possum. His tail gives me the heeby jeebies.
This wildlife is a bit more cuddly! I love my morning snuggle times. Just a few more weeks and I can start every day with two babies and a bear in my bed! Evyn's hair seriously looks like Don King in this picture!

And how precious is this critter? I love this little girl so much. She perfectly completes our family. Carter calls her "Ev" or "sister" and I love watching him love her. The other night he was praying and he said "Thank you, Jesus, for throwing Evyn in mommy's tummy." So sweet. She has been a little "off" with her tummy this week, but even when she feels funny, she is the sweetest baby ever. I seriously did not know that babies could be this easy. It is a good thing that Carter was born first or I might have asked for a refund! (Carter- if you read this one day, I am teasing and I love you more than you can imagine. But your sister is a MUCH easier baby!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your animal stories. I am little freaked out by them, but I am doubled over in laughter when I read them, so keep them coming.

Even more than the story of animals, I love the picture of the kiddos. They are so cute, and Evyn's little cheeks are so squeezable.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

a. I despise feathered creatures. I'm glad you live in your house and not me. I would poison them...

b. Possums? They'd have to die, too.

c. I like the Don King hair.

d. Wonderland in the 'Rillo > Joyland of the Hub City

Bonky's Mom said...

Love E's hair--so cute!

Brigitte said...

Will you PLEASE teach me how to do girl hair? You do a great job!

Unknown said...

Wow! What adorable "wildlife" you have in and around your house! The last picture of the chubby-cheeks with eyes full of mischief is foreshadowing!!!! ; )

I'm glad you are having the opportunity to enjoy wildlife in the middle of the city!

We now have 3 guinea pigs and 3 pet rats - in cages of course! I completely concur on the tails! I think the rats and the possums must be related - based on their tails!

ashley said...

I just love you and your critters! except the possum. seriously, he should go play dead in someone else's yard!

Angie said...

You definitely have some blog-worthy happenings at your house. But they are seriously entertaining so don't stop now! And I think I need to squeeze Evyn's most excellent cheeks. They remind me of Grant's squishy cheeks days.

Fortner Family said...

I love reading the adventures of the Lewis family!! Your kids are so precious!!!

Carrie Maxwell said...

heehee... i love that you catagorized the man in the dumpster as "wildlife"

Mika said...

We need to come visit y'all. You have a lot more blogworthy moments than we do. I love the pics of the kiddos. Evyn is so darn cute!!!

Brooke said...

You know that I am a FIRM believer that if it will happen, it will happen to YOU Kristen Lewis! That is why I love you...your potential for randomness is outstanding!

Good times at your house for sure! I agree, the possum tail is not nice. However, Evyn and Carter are simply precious!

Lori E. said...

I love, love, love the ducks. I want a pond at my house, just so that I can justify having ducks. God likes to keep you entertained Kristen.....He loves YOU!!!