Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

This, that, and the other.

I always forget how busy May is. I expect it at Christmas time and then every year at the end of the school year, I am surprised by how quickly my calendar fills up. You would think that I would learn, but I don't. Amidst the busy-ness of the week, I managed to get some fun pictures of the munchkins that I thought I would share!

Carter has completely mastered his big boy bike. When he started riding it a few months ago, he was VERY cautious and wanted me to hold the handle bars the whole time. One of our favorite evening pastimes is to ride around the block and now he trucks it ahead of the rest of us for most of the ride. He has even had a few good crashes without crying. That is definitely progress!

Evyn loves to play in her bouncer. She really gets into the toys and can turn all around. I don't realize how much she is growing until I think back to when her feet did not touch the ground in this.

One afternoon, Carter put a rubber band around his head and insisted that we go outside to hunt monsters. Somehow he felt very empowered by his new magical headgear. We ended up in the neighbor's garage where he was using a leaf blower. Carter insisted that the noise was the monster growling. Luckily, Homer (our neighbor) was a good sport- Carter ran into the garage, screamed, and started ninja chopping the air.

Look what lives in our backyard. We currently have a possum with at least three babies attached to its back and two "yardcats" (Carter's words). I think it might be time to start trapping again. . . The possum is cute and all but I hear that their teeth are insanely sharp and I would rather not find out for myself.

She is seriously almost always this happy. And, could she be any cuter? I love the color of her skin, and I cannot get enough of that curly hair. I sit around and smell it all day long. Weird, I know, but so wonderful.

This is what happens when Daddy and Carter get into the markers. You should have seen the one that Carter drew on Daddy. Melts my heart.

Look who is sitting up all by herself. Doesn't she look just as proud as punch?

Saturday morning in the Lewis house. Carter looks rather disgruntled, but he really was just very into his cartoons.

One last story before I sign off. I had to go to our school 8th grade banquet last night. I was gone for no more than two hours. When I came home, at least 4 pairs of shoes were spread across our bedroom floor. Carter had found an old thing of Mike's "shoe wax"- you know that spongy thing that polishes shoes. Mike told him that you used it to clean shoes, and clean shoes he did. The problem was that Mike neglected to tell Carter what kind of shoes and that you only use it on the outside. So, my flip flops are now nice and waxed down all over and the inside of my tennis shoes looks so super shiny that I can hardly wait to try them on. The best part of the story is that Mike was in the room the whole time that Carter was working and somehow failed to notice what was happening. This, my friends, is the difference between men and women. Good times in the Lewis house.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I LOVE the shoe story. What is so funny is that Mike didn't even realize it. That is soooo a man thing. My kids know that I have eyes in the back of my head!! They know better when I'm around.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

a) Sweet Evyn has a fabulous smile...I imagine she will have her momma's personality with that grin!

b) Your hubby's shirt reminds me I have to tye-dye shirts for a field trip on Monday to the Hub City--Science Spectrum.

c) I hope that the banquet was good...I'm sure you stayed for some dirty dancing to rap! :)

Mary said...

Do you need the cat trap back to trap a 'possum??

kristen lewis said...

Mary, keep the trap! I will let you know when they start knocking at the back door! :)

And for the rest of you that are silently giggling at Mike's pajamas, I feel compelled to tell you that he normally matches better. Saturday was a fluke! It cracked me up how many people at church this morning mentioned his pj choice! Gotta love that Mike Lewis!!!

Angie said...

Those PJ's rock! And good luck with the possum. Long ago a little possum came exploring in our garage and ran under our freezer to hide. There were several days of hissing and growling from the freaked out rat and lots of broom swinging and swearing from my dad. Good times.

Carrie Maxwell said...

that possum with the babies on its back is adorable. too bad they are wild little creatures.

Lori E. said...

I love that you are recording all of these memories. Carter with the rubber band is priceless and Evyn just gets more and more beautiful. The possum is really kinda cool and where in the world did it come from??

Mom said...

I can't believe that Evyn is sitting up. Where did our little baby go?
The tatoo was great and it is true, he really loves you. As for Mike's pjs, comfort over style is my motto.
Love you all.

Brooke said...

I love to draw tatoos on Zach...usually a heart with "Mom" on the inside! Evyn is a little slice of heaven!! I too was diggin' Mike's jammies!