Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

This is what I wake up to every single morning. It does not get much cuter than this, folks. Between the two of them, I sometimes think that my heart might actually explode.




On a completely unrelated note, Mike has pastored Friends of God church for the last three and a half years. And while we are completely in love with the people, the ministry, and the fellowship, it has been difficult to balance family time when I work Monday through Friday and Mike works Saturday and Sunday. Friday night was Mike's last night as pastor of FGC and they had a beautiful tribute and service dedicated to my sweet husband. I am so proud of who he is, and it blesses my heart to watch him receive love from others. The special friends did a skit telling the story of the "Moses stick," a walking staff hand carved by a once homeless man with all of the ten commandments on it. They recited the ten commandments and then presented him with his own Moses stick. Former President Bush, the Pope, and Roger Staubach are also proud owners of the Moses stick. It was a really neat night for our family, and while we will miss FGC I am also excited about the next chapter in our lives.

Carter and Eric have a special connection. Eric plays the harmonica beautifully and is so patient with Carter and all of his harmonica questions. The two of them walked hand in hand to the reception on Friday night. Pretty sweet stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristen, what sweet pictures and a sweet story about The Moses Stick. I'm sad that Michael will not have the opportunity to continue ministering to the families of these sweet families. This has been such a good experience for Carter and Evyn!

I know the family needed a day to yourselves. Enjoy.

Mom said...

Your entire family has been a blessing and joy at FGC. I know these folks will always be in your heart and prayers. I'm thankful that Mike had this opportunity and look forward to seeing how God is going to use him in the future.
The Moses stick is awesome.
Your adorable babies must make getting out of your warm bed not quite so difficult, I know I look forward to seeing them.

Mary said...

I know that your family has been a tremendous blessing to these friends, and that they have certainly returned the blessings to you. I know you are excited about where the Lord is moving you since he's taking you a different direction.