Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Theology according to a 4 year old
Carter still sleeps in pull-ups, and he is really working to stay dry at nights so we are limiting his liquids after dinner. The other night he was in bed and asked me to get him a drink of water. I explained that he did not need water because it would make him have an accident. He looked me square in the eye and said, "But mom, God says that if somebody is thirsty you should give him something to drink." How do you argue with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
oh my, that is adorable. no arguing with that!
I love it!
You can't argue with that! The literal mind of a toddler is a beautiful thing sometimes.
You've taught him well!! Good luck with that reasoning in about 10 years....you're gonna be in big trouble!!
This made my day....so adorable!
LOL! Awesome!
I hope you don't drive yourself crazy with the overnight issues of bedwetting. That is not something he can control. Ask Michael if he remembers us waking him up, walking him to the bathroom, and the blank stare! It will only frustrate you. Be thankful he feels safe to sleep soundly at your home. ☺
Just to clarify, we are not worried about the pull-ups. He is the one wanting to sleep in undies. I know he will get there on his own. I just thought his ability to make the scripture work for him was adorable.
Good one, Carter! Seriously, how does a Momma argue with that one??
I love that! He is too funny!
You and Michael are such amazing parents, proof of that being Carter quoting scripture at his age!! What a little ham! The cool thing is that you guys are creating such fun memories with your kiddos. When they are old and grown they will always look forward to coming to visit you guys, at your welcoming and loving home!
I couldn't have said it better myself, Brooke! :)
Post a Comment