
We went to Carlsbad Caverns last year over Spring Break and Carter has talked about it ever since then. With Mike out of town this week, I thought that the kids would get a kick out of a return trip. My parents graciously agreed to come with us, and we had a blast! We started out the day with donuts and then loaded up and hit the road. It was a cold and rainy day, and the park was crowded! We had a nice picnic lunch in the car and then set out on our adventure.

Here is Park Ranger Carter.

And the sweetest little spelunker ever.

Carter posing with "Carl" the bat. He came home with a much smaller version of Carl, courtesy of Papa!

Grammy and her girl. I think that Evyn favors my mom's side of the family.

So excited to see the cave again!

My mom was so cute. She sat in the back seat and entertained Carter the whole way there, and when we pulled into the parking lot she said "All of a sudden I am so excited!" just like a little girl!
10 comments:
What a fun trip! I can't wait to take my boys. I want them to see the bats too. What time of year do they fly? Anyone?
Fun times!! I do love me some Carlsbad!!!
Looks so great and SO fun! I am sure you know this..but Evyn is growing up so fast. She's so precious! Just a doll.
What a great time we had with you guys. In spite of the rain and then working up a sweat, it was a perfect day. I can't get over how well Carter did in the cave and how sweet Evyn was in the car. What's our next trip?
Glad you guys had fun! Carlsbad must be good times...I have no idea why we've never gone. I'll bet Carter has some big tales to tell from his cave adventure. Hooray for spring break!!
maybe someday we can do something with y'all, too ☺
Angie, They fly during the summer months and it is really cool to see!
Stacey, I know! But when I look at pictures it sometimes startles me!
Please tell me you stopped at boobie rock. Please.
Goss, you know me well.
So glad you were able to do that. What a fun time with your parents! We need to go again, the last time we went Janae was a baby. I remember carrying her the entire way. Well, she was toddling, but you have to be careful with some of those cliffs!! All I can say is.....girl trip!!!
Post a Comment