Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Captain Carter's Big Day!

Carter's birthday party was on Saturday. It was his first "real" birthday party and he was so excited about it! He chose a pirate theme back in January, so we went with it. Here is Captain Carter waiting on his mateys to arrive for the fun to begin.



Here are three of my very favorite pirates. They start out sweet enough, but watch out. . .



Carter and cousin Jack (aka two sweet scallywags).

And the girls did not want to be left out of the fun.
I was a little apprehensive about doing a homemade birthday party, but after I got started, I had a blast! We had fun decorations, played pirate games, and I even made the cake! We started by playing "pin the patch on the pirate," then we all had to "walk the plank." Next was our cannon ball fight, only we used water balloons instead, and for the record it takes a group of kids about 15 minutes to pop water balloons that it takes two adults approximately two hours to fill. Then it was time for the pinata, and last but not least, we went on a "treasure hunt." I gave them the first clue written in pirate language, then they had to go all around the park and house to find the rest. It lead them to the top of the fort, where their pirate party favors were hidden. Then we opened presents, ate hot dogs, and had birthday cake.

The disadvantage of a summer birthday is that several friends were out of town, but we still had a wonderful day! Carter keeps asking if I remember his birthday party and telling me that it was amazing. I am already starting to get excited about next year!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a perfect day! Thanks for all your hard work and planning. Can't wait for next year!

Mike

Brooke said...

How fun!!! And great cake!! Fun memories for sure.

Mary said...

What fun!! You are gonna be the "party girl"!! Watch out Lorie, you've got competition!

Chris and Carolee said...

I can not believe he is 5 already. Where did the time go? He is such a handsome little man. The party looked great. Miss you guys!

Brigitte said...

Ahhh, what a great party!! You did a fabulous job, Momma! I thought about you guys on the 17th and wondered how you celebrated his big five. And I loved the tribute you gave to your sweet boy. Carter is right, he TOTALLY looks older! Happy 5th birthday and we love you so much, Carter!

Unknown said...

How much fun y'all had! You did a great job on the cake!

Anonymous said...

How fun I am so happy that everything turned out so well. Your little pirate looks like he had a great time. Happy times!!!

Lori E. said...

Catching up on blogs today. I won't comment on them all, but I love them all. When did you cut your hair?? It has only been like 2 years since I have seen you. Anyway, Carter's birthday party looks adorable and his cake rocked!! I love the red, white and blue outfits too! Love it! You have such a wonderful family!!

Mom said...

I sure liked the crazy picture of my favorite 3 pirates. It was a great party.