Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Starry night.


I love to go camping- especially at Roaring Springs. Some of my happiest memories growing up are there. The older I get, the less I love the air mattress, bugs, and mess of it all, but I love the memories that we make! We went on a little one night campout this week, and while it seemed like a ton of work for one night away from home, we made some memories that I will cherish!

We took Evyn camping last year, but she wasn't old enough to really get it. This year she could do so many things that made her seem so grown up- sit in her own chair, drink Caprisun, eat marshmallows ("mammosh"), play in the tent, swim, and go down the slide to name a few!

Please ignore how sweaty I am and try to notice how happy I am. I love getting away from TV, phones, internet, and toys and just getting to enjoy my sweet family!

I walked out of the restroom to find these two swinging and holding hands. I missed the hands by the time I got the camera, but it was enough to fill my heart! I love watching these two kiddos together.


We swam, ate a picnic dinner, caught bugs, played at the playground, went fishing, played catch, looked for fireflies, watched the stars come out, and made s'mores. I am fairly certain that I slept a total of two hours, but it was worth it to hear their excitement at 6 this morning when they woke up in the tent!


This is "super log." Carter found it when we first got there and took it with him everywhere. He assures me that it is especially useful for fighting bears and skunks. I am glad to report that we have yet to test that theory.

Look at the sheer joy on this face! Mike and I sat outside for about 30 minutes and just listened to Carter and Evyn playing and giggling in the tent. Sweet, sweet memories for sure.


We came home filthy and exhausted, but had a wonderful time. I am so thankful for the little moments in life that become favorite memories for a lifetime.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Some of my best childhood memories are of family camping trips. SO fun!! I have to tell you though, your hair is super cute! I love it!!!

Mary said...

So glad you were able to go do that! See you tomorrow for one more math session!

Heather Bolin said...

You're kiddos are natural camper/granola/kiddos! I love the one of Evyn and that big smile. She's so gorgeous! I'm telling you every time I read your blog it makes me wanna have babes...just sayin'. Love and miss ya, friend!

Brigitte said...

zWay to make some memories! And I'm completely impressed with you for taking them while they are little...not sure I would be that brave to do the tent-camping thing with Trinity yet. Super-cute pictures of your babies!

Mom said...

Sure brings back memories of our campouts. I'm glad you don't set the tent up on it's side :).