Due to my recent email and facebook hacking, I still have no FB account, so I think that my blog is probably the best way to get information out to my friends and loved ones. My parents have had quite the month in July. Long story short, my mom had an irregular mammogram and after a biopsy ended up having irregular tissue removed on Monday. The good news is that it is not cancer and she is going to be fine, but is in some discomfort and has been on an emotional roller coaster through the whole ordeal.
My dad has been having discomfort in his chest and esophagus. He went for a physical about three weeks ago and they detected an irregular rhythm in his heart so they shocked it and sent him home with some medicine. His discomfort has increased to the point that swallowing has become almost impossible. He has had several tests, which have not shown much of anything. My mom came home from her follow up appointment today to find him unconscious and clearly in pain. He was taken by ambulance to UMC and is currently completely sedated and intubated. As of right now, it does not look like a stroke or blood clot, which is good news. He has a-fib and has had some blood pressure issues while sedated. I am hoping to know more tomorrow.
I am so blessed by the number of phone calls and texts that we received today. More than anything, I covet your prayers. I am pretty fond of these two and want to enjoy several more years of living life with them.
6 comments:
Hey friend, just got an e-mail from my mom letting me know what's going on. I am SO SORRY to hear about all this and am praying for your dad and all of you right now. I was relieved to hear Peggy's procedure went well and is not cancer. I'm guessing you don't have your hotmail account anymore either? Sending you hugs and wish I could come bring you all some meals. Love you much.
I'm so sorry for all of the health scares! I know how wonderful your parents are and how much you love them. Prayers for complete healing and for answers as to what's going on. Love you guys so much!
Praying for your precious parents. And for you.
You know we're praying for you and loving on you girl! And your mom and dad and all the family....xoxo
I'm praying for all of you. Please keep us posted. Love you!
Kristen,
You and your family are in our prayers. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment