First, thank you all so much for your prayers and love. It is definitely felt.
My dad had an angiogram at 12:30 today that showed 99% blockage in three arteries. It is honestly a miracle that he is alive. His heart has been in an irregular rhythm since he has been in the hospital. He is still fully sedated and intubated. He can respond to commands (squeeze my hand, etc) and will nod his head that he understands. He seems to really know and respond to the presence of family members, so I think he is understanding a lot of what is going on right now.
They will do a triple bypass on Monday. They shocked his heart today and it is currently in a normal rhythm. He is still on the ventilator and has a machine that is regulating his heart as well. The plan is to keep him sedated, let the ventilator and heart machine "work" for him, let him rebuild as much strength as possible, and operate on Monday. The surgeon said that his heart is "too sick" to operate on now, so we will wait and pray for strength over the weekend. The surgery should be about three hours and the first six hours after the surgery are critical.
It is painful to watch someone that means so much to you and that you love so much be completely helpless and hurting. However, I feel confident that God is bigger than all of this. Even his cardiologist said that "God is the one that will sustain his life." We have so much to be thankful for- we know what the problem is, his medical care has been amazing, we have felt the prayers and support of so many precious friends, our whole family is together and has been able to stay together through this, and Mike has been amazing to be mister mom! I am anxious to write the post about "we are going home from the hospital today!"
I am reminded of how fragile and tentative human life can be. I love my dad so much. My kids adore their Papa. I have a lot of living that I still want to do with him. This has been an emotional time to say the least. Thank you all for your continued prayers. I will do my best to keep the blog updated.
3 comments:
God will be right there with him always! I will pray for his body and heart to be strong, and the doctor's hands to be steady. Hang in there friend! You are loved much!!
Praying for your dad and mom and for you and the bros. It definitely is a difficult time--emotional, peace, then no peace, then peace again..strange but true! The prayers that surround you will sustain you and keep you strong. Please tell your mommy I love her. God bless you!
Praying for strength for your Dad, wisdom for the drs. and comfort for you and your family. So thankful that we serve an awesome God and this is all in His hands!! Hugs to you friend!
Post a Comment