Have I mentioned how very much I love these two babies?
It seems like they have been even more fun than usual lately. Some of the things that they say absolutely keep me in stitches. For example, Carter told me yesterday that we needed to take a vote. When I asked him what we should vote on he told me we needed to vote on whether we should donate sister or sell her. We settled on tickle her and keep her! I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff.
Last night Carter had a bad dream and ended up in bed with us (which I always sort of enjoy). This morning we were all snuggling when I heard tiny footsteps coming down the stairs and then saw Evyn's little head next to me. It was the first time that she has come down by herself in the morning. We savored some sweet family snuggle time. These are truly the days!
These are some sweet pictures of Ev. There are days that I look at her and my breath literally catches in my throat at how beautiful she is. It is so funny to see her little personality really start to emerge. Her brown eyes, olive complexion, and gentle curls are almost too much for this mommy to take!
Here she is trying on her daddy's shoes.
Gotta love a girl in pigtails!
Evyn loves bath time. She calls it "swimming" and happily splashes and plays with bubba. I love the way that she smells when I tuck her in every night after her bath. It is one of those smells that I wish I could memorize. Evyn normally names all of her body parts when we put on her pajamas at night. We talk about her eyes and hair and fingers and tummy. You get the idea. The other day when I was changing her diaper, she clearly asked me to "Wash my pirate, mommy." After a stinky diaper the next day, she told me "Shooey pirate, mommy." I realized that she is calling her "private" her "pirate" and quite frankly, it is too cute to correct!
After I took this picture, I was amazed at how mature she looks to me. I know that she is not a "baby" anymore, but I see a picture like this and start to panic that she will be a teenager before I know it!
And then there is Carter! He is still my tender hearted, gentle spirited, sweet boy. He LOVES school. And I am really enjoying watching him bloom and grow independently at school. This picture was taken on "career day" at school. He wants to be a fireman when he grows up and is convinced that I can be a firegirl with him and we can share bunkbeds. Sounds pretty good to me!
There are no words for this picture.
This picture was taken on pajama day at school. When we showed up, all of his friends were wearing loose pajama pants with t-shirt tops. Carter insisted on weaing his snug fitting spiderman pj's and never seemed to notice that he was the only one in "baby pajamas." I love it that he still seems sheltered from peer pressure and has the courage to follow his heart. I pray that God will preserve that characteristic in him!
Carter has desperately wanted to be student of the month ever since he learned that such a prestigious honor existed in Kindergarten! We were SO proud of our October student of the month! (He found out on hat day.) I think the thing that most blessed my heart about this (aside from the instinctual maternal pride) is that he set a goal, worked hard, and achieved it all on his own. Without my help. Just like a big kid. I hope that this is the first of many accomplishments that he sets his heart on!
In other big news, Carter is playing basketball on the Lubbock Lakers, coached by daddy and Uncle Mark. What the team lacks in talent, they certainly make up for in heart! It is so much fun to watch these little ones try to figure out which way to run. Carter has not made any "shoots" in a game yet, but you should see him listen to Coach Mark with big eyes and a big grin. Precious.
This picture was taken right before parents night out at church (also a pajama night). I know it is a silly picture, but it made me smile!
I know that this was a random and disjointed post, but all of the pictures were too fun not to share!
2 comments:
Carter looks about 10 years old sitting in his chair with the sweatband. Sweet pictures! You're doing such a great job documenting their stages. Loveyoumeanit.
How I treasure the weekend I got to have with these two. They are adorable and great fun to be around. They are growing so fast, keep taking pics cuz we need to remember these days.
Post a Comment