Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thoughts

It would seem that I have been on a bit of a blog-cation. To be completely honest, this school year was hard. I am physically and emotionally tired. I can't remember the last time that I felt this ready for summer vacation. Or the last time that I have been so eager to leave work behind me for a while. Or been so anxious to completely invest all of my time and energy in my own offspring and nobody else's. I felt a deep desire to step away from "the grind" for a bit and remember the things that makes life fun and good and joyful. There is something about waking up without an alarm clock and spending a day with my two favorite little people that brings healing to my heart! Don't get me wrong- I love my job, but it was time for a break.

Throughout this semester, I have been amazed at how scripture has come to life for me. How even on the frustrating days, God was right there. He seemed to anticipate my need and provide just the encouragement that I needed. He has a truth for every question that I ask. His love continues to be more than enough. I feel like there are times when I get paralyzed by human emotion- frustration, self pity, anxiety, anger, fear- I could go on. And God is there with His promise for me every single time. Below are some specific verses that have meant a lot to me this year.

Romans 8:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psalm 139 (all of it, but especially verses 1 and 14)
O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.

Matthew 6:25-27
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

1 Peter 2:9
For you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

I am so thankful that I serve a living God who cares about my feelings. I know that my "problems" are completely petty and insignificant, but He still cares. And I am thankful for the months of June and July.

2 comments:

Danny said...

Dear Kristen,
I love you. I am glad you are on summer vacation now. You deserve it. Let's go to Roaring Springs soon!

Love,
Danny

Brigitte said...

I love your heart and pray this is your most refreshing summer break ever.