Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I love Fall. I love it when the heat from summer finally starts to taper off and the leaves start to change. I love how crisp the air feels. I love pumpkin spice creamer. It is hands down my favorite season of the year. Here is a glimpse of what we have been up to this Fall!

We went camping at the start of October with Grammy and Mark. And even though it rained a lot, we got to fish, build a campfire and make s'mores, and enjoy being together!




Carter's 1st grade class went on a field trip to the corn maze, and I got to go with them. Below is Carter with the other woman in his life, Mrs. Sandefur, and his new bestie, Zane. I asked Carter who the prettiest girls were in his class and he told me Ellie and Mrs. Sandefur. Love that.

These were the monkeys that I was in charge of herding through the maze. Luckily they were really sweet and stuck together!

The kids got to choose their own pumpkin at the pumpkin patch. They picked them on the vines and then got to cut them off. Very cool.



My baby turned three. And my house was invaded by all things pink, princess, and hello kitty. Have I mentioned that she is such a girlie girl?



Part of our celebration of Evyn's birthday was a trip to our local pumpkin patch. We have our silly annual tradition pictures that we love to take there. We were thrilled to find Cinderella (Evyn's VERY favorite princess) all dressed up and waiting to take a picture with Evyn. She was convinced that Cinderella came to the pumpkin patch just for her birthday. Precious.





4 comments:

Danny said...

YES! The Carter-holding-hay tradition continues! You should do a blog post with all of those that you've taken over the years, laid out side by side.

Jenn said...

I was going to comment about the hay picture as well, but Danny beat me to it haha! I'm hoping that Carter will be in High School and will STILL let his Mommy take this picture as well as wrap him up in Christmas lights too ;)

Brigitte said...

I can't believe Carter was holding that huge disguisting worm!! I am totally ignorant of boy-world. The dresses and crowns look oh-so familiar however. I still can't get over how much your kids have grown. I'm so glad Evyn had a magical moment with Cinderella. Of course she was there for her birthday!!

Mark said...

Carter feeding Mom a worm is an all-time classic!