Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Coming Out of Hibernation

I feel like I need to offer an explanation for my complete neglect of this blog. First of all, my home computer is horrible. It takes me an insane amount of time to upload, edit, and post pictures. Even after all that, sometimes the pictures post sideways and then I am too annoyed to try to fix it. I apologize. Please tilt your head to admire my sweet family when necessary and know that I tried my best.


Secondly, after my dad died, I feel like I have been in a hibernation of sorts. It seems like it takes an awful lot of energy to do basic stuff like laundry, cooking, and working (and this has been a booger of a year at work). I feel like the fog is just now starting to lift. I have neglected friendships, my body, and several other things over the last six months. It has taken most of what I have just to function. I guess I understand grief on a whole new level now. So, if you are a friend that I have neglected, please know that I love you. I have just been hibernating.

My kids are such a continuous source of joy. I enjoy watching them turn into people so very much. Carter continues to be my tender-hearted, compassionate, compliant, people-pleaser. He lost his first tooth (the dentist actually had to pull it because the permanent one was all the way in behind it), is doing great in 1st grade, and is tearing it up on the basketball court with Coach Mark. Evyn is my risk taker. She loves anything pink or with a princess on it. She is in gymnastics and LOVES it. She is fearless, loves to sing, and tends to be emotionally fragile. God knew exactly what our family needed when he gave each of them to me. Here is a great shot of the two monkeys on Christmas morning.
 

One night I walked into Evyn's room to find them laying in the floor together reading their Bibles. Precious.


Carter was reading to her while we had a campfire outside.


Our church presents every first grader with their own Bible. It is a big deal. Carter got his 1st grade Bible last Sunday and was so excited. I remember being pregnant with him and thinking that 1st grade would be so far away. . .

I don't know what to say about this picture. Her dress up clothes are part of almost every day.


Here he comes to save the day!


Last weekend, our church hosted a commitment ceremony for dads at the Windmill Museum. These dads had completed a Bible study together and wanted the opportunity to publicly commit to love their wives and be the fathers that the Lord has called them to be. They took the oath from "Courageous" and it was a pretty cool day. I can't help but reflect on how blessed I am to have Mike as my husband. He loves me as Christ loves the church. He is patient, kind, encouraging, funny, and makes me feel safe. He has been my rock in so many ways over the past 6 months. I truly cannot imagine my life without him. These are a few pictures from Saturday. Sorry for the mandatory head tilting.




Last but not least are a few more pictures from Christmas. For the last several years, Mark has spent the night with us on Christmas Eve because Carter has asked him to. Those two are pretty stinking close, and I love it. This year, mom spent the night too. We all got to wake up together on Christmas morning, which made it a little easier for all of us.
 







I will try to be better and not hibernate again! Thanks for stinking around during the quiet!

3 comments:

Monica Curry said...

I love you friend!!! Hibernation is completely understandable...sometimes you just need to step away from the STUFF (aka blog) and focus on you and your heart. I am glad you're back. You always have the greatest stories, pictures and words.

Brigitte said...

So, so happy to see some pictures of those sweet kids again. I smiled as I tilted my head. Love you and praying for you as you continue on this journey of grief. Can't wait to hug your neck in a few months.

Jenn said...

Welcome back sweet girl :)