I think that one of my favorite things about being a parent is watching ordinary little things become magical in the eyes of your kids. Recently we had a snow day and my kids were so excited! Here they are all dressed up on Sunday morning when it had just started to snow!
After church, they bundled up and went outside to play.
They didn't last long outside before they decided that warming up by the fire sounded like a better idea. This is the scene that I walked up on. I honestly pinch myself when I see how very much they love each other. They are truly best friends.
Last weekend, we met Mike in Dallas for a weekend getaway. He had been at a conference, and the kids and I took off Friday to meet dad for some fun. Of course the hotel swimming pool was a huge hit!
We also went to Rainforest Cafe. Ridiculously expensive, but so much fun to see the kids' faces. Every time the rainforst came "to life," they both completely soaked it up!
We kept the Legoland part of the trip a surprise. Carter was in little boy heaven. He loves all things lego and was so much fun to watch at Legoland. Such a simple concept and such a great place to take kids!
We got free tickets to a local aquarium with our tickets to Legoland. Evyn especially loved the fish. I was holding her balloon in the shark room, made completely out of glass. There were sharks swimming under the glass floor and all around you. The balloon popped, and I screamed, which highly amused Carter. Glad I could help make a memory.
We had a wonderful time. It is amazing how refreshing just a few days out of the grind can be. It was a much needed break for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment