Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Old Friends and New Beginnings

What a blessing it is to have a friendship where time and distance don't separate your hearts. Brigitte has been an answer to prayer for me since I was 16. She is home on "Stateside assignment," and we got to get together for the first time in 3 years this week! What a hoot it was to watch our kids play. And what a sweet time to get to sit and visit and laugh. My heart is happy!

Trinity is hilarious! Brig and I always used to tease that sweet, reserved Brigitte would have loud and outgoing kids like me. We were right! She is so funny and kept us in stitches the whole time. And Carter and Grace might have just had a little spark! (wishful thinking)








In other news, I am now a high school counselor. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and am terrified that kids will not graduate because I am their counselor. But I am having fun. I think that this will be an exciting new chapter in my life. In somewhat related news, I was walking up the stairs at central office today, when one of our assistant superintendants asked me to pick up my foot. I completely thought that I must have stepped in poop or tracked in mud. But then, he looked at the bottom of my flip flop and said "Oh, those are the cheap ones." Not sure how to properly respond to that, I said "I thought I stepped in poop." All in all, I will call that one of the stranger professional encounters I have ever had. Just another day in the life of Kristen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks for the shout-out friend. I loved watching our kids have as much fun together as we do! You are such a gift to me. BTW, the um " cheap shoes" remark just means you are stylish AND smart with money ;)