Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter always means a lot to me as a believer. It is a sweet time to refelct on the selfless sacrifice of Christ. It is a time of new life, new beginnings, new hope. And it seems to me that Easter is all the sweeter after a drab winter. Even the colors associated with Easter bring hope and make me smile. Maybe it is because this is my first Easter without my dad, but I am especially thankful this year that we have the promise of eternity. And maybe I am just being sentimental, but this year I am grateful for the little blessings in life like two healthy kids that adore each other and time to spend with my family.

Thank you, Jesus, for loving me enough to die for me.


We had a fun time coloring Easter eggs, which is always a challenging task for the OCD part of me to turn over to the kids. But I let them do this with minimal maternal involvement, which is progress!




And if you go to all of the trouble to color eggs, you should certainly hide them in your yard and hunt for them multiple times, right?



And you have to take the traditional "hurry up and smile in the cold morning air so we won't be late for church" pictures.




Mom had us over to her house for a lovely lunch. And of course she hid eggs for the kids too!


I have just about decided that I might not get a picture of all four of us looking at the camera and smiling at the same time for a few more years. This is close. Please note my fancy Easter outfit. We worked the nursery and this was the best I could do. I always anticipate a sweaty time of spitup and diaper changing and dress accordingly.


Grammy and her babies.



Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

You are brave to work the nursery during Easter!!

And I can only imagine how much more meaningful Easter is for you and your family this year. Thanks for sharing. Love you much.