Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Mommy, I need you.

People tell you when you are pregnant that your life is about to change. I think I knew enough back then to anticipate that we would have sleepless nights, that I would change diapers for years and that date nights would no longer be effortless. The things that people can't explain to you are things like how powerful it is to watch your child as they sleep, how much love the human heart is capable of holding, and how the best sound that you will ever hear is the contagious giggle of your son as you tickle him in the floor. Anyway, I don't mean to be a sentimental blogger, but every now and then I am overwhelmed by how much I love this kid. Carter's new thing that makes me smile is when he wants to be held, he walks up to me and lifts up his arms and says "Mommy, I need you." Don't you know that I would drop absolutely anything in my arms to pick up that child immediately? I love being a mommy. I love it more than I can even express. Everything that is right in the world is sleeping upstairs right now. Ahhh. Life is good.

2 comments:

Instantly Mama said...

Awwww!!!!! Sooo sweet! Jayden doesn't have that many words yet, but he does call me Mama and when he calls for me I come running!

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

There is nothing more precious than knowing your child needs you just as much as you need them. Beautiful Kristen!