
I just realized that I have been so busy writing about Carter that I have never even mentioned Toonces on the blog. We have the absolute best cat in the world! We got her from a friend when we were dating and the poor cat lived with Mike and his buddies until we moved to Lubbock. I believe she had her whiskers trimmed on more than one occasion and spent many a day with tape on her feet because the guys didn't have anything better to do. I don't know if she loves me so much because I "rescued" her from that or what the deal is, but she and I are big buddies. Most nights she sleeps by my pillow and every now and then I wake up when she is "grooming" my hair. As bizarre as it sounds, I actually sort of enjoy it.
I wasn't too sure about how things would go when we brought Carter home and rocked her little cat world. He has loved her from day one, but it hasn't always been mutual. Below you see one of their earlier encounters:


(I feel compelled to post a disclaimer that Carter was not hurt in the capturing of this moment despite the vicious look on her face.)
After the initial "getting to know you" phase, they have ended up getting along smashingly! Carter loves to give her "gentle touches" and he especially loves to kiss her right on that filthy, wet nose. She is remarkably patient through it all and is an essential part of our family! Now I feel like a better cat mom because she has had her debut on the world wide web! Whew.
2 comments:
I miss our cat,Lemeiux (after the hockey player)! She was our baby before we started having babies and she put up with so much from Piper. When Piper was about a year, she started having problems breathing around Lemeiux so we had to adopt her out. We just recently found out that Piper is VERY allergic to cats and dogs!!! =( SO enjoy Carter's relationship with his little fur ball! I love the disclaimer by the way!
This is fun!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment