Yesterday, I think I might have hit on something big- the great outdoors! It seems that perhaps the best motivator for Carter to keep his pants dry is to let him urinate on anything green! Being a girl, I have never understood the joy in this, but Carter is completely enthusiastic as he waters the plants and aims at snails! Below you see my son, proudly standing on the front porch with his pants around his ankles! At this point I am beyond caring about what the neighbors think! If it works, we are going for it. I guess I will have to draw the line at number two but we will cross that bridge when we get to it!
Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Progress?
I now realize the insanity of setting a goal of potty training over summer vacation. Maybe it will happen and maybe not. While I am desperate to stop changing three year old poopy diapers and would love to have the little man in undies by the time his sister is born, I am starting to think that we just might not be ready yet. Carter has been incredibly easy with all of the "big transitions" (giving up his paci, moving to a big boy bed, etc) but now that we are to potty training, I am absolutely beside myself! I have decided to back off of the approach where we were spending the majority of our waking hours sitting together in the restroom and I was still scrubbing poo out of underwear because a girl can only read "Everyone Poops" so many times before she loses her mind and honestly the poo scrubbing is for the birds. We have tried bribery. We have tried praise. We have tried everything.
Yesterday, I think I might have hit on something big- the great outdoors! It seems that perhaps the best motivator for Carter to keep his pants dry is to let him urinate on anything green! Being a girl, I have never understood the joy in this, but Carter is completely enthusiastic as he waters the plants and aims at snails! Below you see my son, proudly standing on the front porch with his pants around his ankles! At this point I am beyond caring about what the neighbors think! If it works, we are going for it. I guess I will have to draw the line at number two but we will cross that bridge when we get to it!


Wish us luck. . .
Yesterday, I think I might have hit on something big- the great outdoors! It seems that perhaps the best motivator for Carter to keep his pants dry is to let him urinate on anything green! Being a girl, I have never understood the joy in this, but Carter is completely enthusiastic as he waters the plants and aims at snails! Below you see my son, proudly standing on the front porch with his pants around his ankles! At this point I am beyond caring about what the neighbors think! If it works, we are going for it. I guess I will have to draw the line at number two but we will cross that bridge when we get to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
It looks like you photoshoped the leaf to cover Carter's interests in the 1st picture! Plants need liquids too...
ROTL...I LOVE THIS! Maybe I need to give you the number of a lady here who runs a business called "Potty Training Boot Camp"...
He's three and you already have a lifetime of wedding slide show embarrassing photos! I feel for you. I would be gagging cleaning up what you talked about.
Too funny! Have you tried "the naked method"? I have a friend with 8 kids who swears by it. You have the child run around with no pants or underwear for a few days (at home of course!). They usually don't like the feel of an accident running down their legs and so they start to use the potty instead. I haven't tried it personally but am thinking about it with Jayden. I'd really like him potty trained before the summer is over too. We'll see if it happens, though! :)
I look like a freakshow because I'm at Daybreak doing homework (ok taking a study break) and your blog made me laugh out loud! I wish I could help you, but I'm clueless too. I don't even try to salvage the #2 whoopsies anymore. My kids wear the cheapest undies I can find at Walmart. Don't ever lose track of those pics - they'll be great blackmail material when he's a teen!
I guess if it were "easy" for me to pee outside then I would do it too!
I mean seriously stopping what you are doing to go inside and pee is so irritating.
By the way Zach is 8 and still enjoys the outdoor pee. Just so you know you are in for the long haul.
Scrubbing poo is no job for the pregnant. I agree with Staci....trash 'em!
You know, if it works, go with it. It's gonna eventually get cold outside and he may decide that the potty is not so bad :)
I am soooo glad to be past that part of my kiddies lives! Glad you're back blogging....missed you!
I am with Mary, and glad you are blogging again. That must have been some homecoming for Mr. Lewis. As far a potty training, it is so hard and I am glad to be through it too. I think you are doing fine. Making it fun is probably a great idea. That is funny that the leaf was in the right place at the right time!!
Lori E.
Gotta love the "happened upon" solutions. My friend Stephany and I were just talking about how the solution to some problems occurs totally by accident, not by expert parenting. For example, her son WILL NOT eat the cantaloupe she cubes up for him at meal time. (Texture issues. Can you relate? :) We were celebrating the 4th of July and he "happened upon" a slice of cantaloupe with the rind still on it. He gobbled it up while she watched stunned. Turns out, as long as he can hold onto the rind and eat it, he loves it. Now, who would have thought about that on their own?
Go outdoor potty time, go!
I might have to go back to the hospital - I'm laughing so hard that I can't breath.
Once again, I owe you a big one Kristen. You potty trained Mark for me - He was 2 1/2, you were 5 1/2. You treated him like he was your doll. I don't think you used the outdoor method with him. All I know is that at 28, he seems to have it together. Carter adores Mark - maybe you should have the boys work on it together.
Hilarious!
Post a Comment