Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Recent pictures

We went on vacation last week to San Marcos and Schlitterbahn and had a blast! We went to the mall, floated the river, and hung out with some fun friends. It was relaxing and really nice to get away for a few days. More than anything, we enjoyed watching the little man discover new things. I wish we could have gotten some pictures of him on the rides, but needless to say, our camera is not waterproof. You can imagine that he was absolutely adorable, and he was! Here is our little family after a fun filled day in the sun at Schlitterbahn.


Much to Carter's delight, there was a guinea pig at Mike's folks' house. He called it "Grandad's pig" and loved feeding it carrots and petting it. He still talks about Teddy, aka Grandad's pig.

And here is Carter with his much adored Grandad. I think he liked this guy even better than the pig!

Carter got to put out corn for the deer and then hide and watch them come eat in the front yard.

Carter and mommy feeding the deer.

Mike's brother, David, came through town for a night. Carter insisted that David read him "No, David!" before he went to bed. Below are the three Lewis boys in our front yard!

Carter and daddy spent some quality time playing outside. Carter loves to wear his hard hat and ride down the driveway in the back of his tractor.

Tonight while I was cooking dinner, Carter sat on the counter next to me "helping." He found my stash of toothpicks and stuck one in the corner of his mouth just like a little old man. Too stinking cute!

And what fun is a toothpick without a daddy to share with? I do love these boys!

So, there you have it! A full pictorial update of the happenings in the Lewis house!

4 comments:

Mark said...

The toothpick pictures are some of my new favorites! I need to wrestle this kid over the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for more Lewis family pictures! Keep 'em coming. Looks like you had a fun vacation. Love to all FOUR of you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a good vacation - the deer and the pig are hard to compete with.
Lubbock was much too quiet with you gone.
I loved all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I noticed the Whoppers in the spice cabinet (which is where we keep our toothpicks also BTW, is that common?) I noticed because I just read your 50 things e-mail and just filled out mine.........As always Carter is a master in cuteness!!
Lori E.