Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympic Fever and Other Great Things about Today!

I love the Olympics. They make me so proud to be an American! I love the opening ceremonies. I love the random sporting events that I would never watch ordinarily but I soak them up because they are Olympic events. I especially love the track and field, swimming and diving, gymnastics, and basketball. Good times. I think my all time favorite part of the Olympics is the human interest stories about people overcoming incredible odds to do the things that they do. I laugh, I cry, I get all kinds of inspired. Tonight is a very happy night for me.

On to other good news! My mom went to the doctor today and got a great report. The flutter in her heart is completely gone. They have no explanation for this other than prayer, and I am so happy! She will still have a procedure done next week, but they will not have to shock her heart. YEA!!!

Finally, I have to say a huge thank you to my sweet buddy, Summer, who lovingly opens her home and her heart to my little man. She has been my number one person to call on while my mom has been sick and I am so thankful for not only her friendship but also the way that she has completely taken Carter into her family while I have been back at work. I could not ask for a better "second mommy" for my boy. Thank you, friend. No pressure, but if you could potty train him next week, that would be really great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved to hear the great news about Peggy. PTL...What a great day! Love you.

Anonymous said...

What would we do without you all? We had a fantastic day with your boy yesterday. Thanks for trusting me with your precious boy. I love you. Sum

Anonymous said...

8-8-08 was a great day for me. I know my heart was touched by God and I am so thankful for all the prayers. I trully have peace about the rest of my cure.
I too love the Olympics and really enjoyed our Chinese dinner on opening night.
Summer, you are just the best. I hope you never move to Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear this about your mom. Praise God! I'm excited about seeing you Tuesday at work!