Mark came over for dinner tonight, which to Carter is the next best thing to a visit from Santa. After dinner, we laughed until we were sick watching these two play. What you see here is Mark sitting in the backseat of Carter's car while Carter drives to work in the front seat. He told Mark that Mark would be the son and Carter would be the dad and then proceeded to buckle Mark in to a 5 point harness carseat. Safety first in our house! Then when we asked where he worked, Carter promptly replied "ahonks." Great stuff. Please notice Carter's work apron stuffed full of plastic tools, which he apparently needed for whatever it is that he did at ahonks.
Then we had to jump over Carter's "jumping bee" which resulted in more hysterical laughter. Who knew that one toy could be so much fun? Our other favorite Carter story from this week was hearing him count independently the other day. This is what we heard ". . . thirteen, next-teen, fifteen. . . "
11 comments:
The floor nap pic is priceless. What is it about guys and naps? Matt's a great napper. And your children are of course, just precious. I want to eat them BOTH with a spoon!! Uh, maybe that's not an appropriate thing to say about someone else's kids. Anyway...
Priceless!
On another note, what is it about guys, napping and hands under the waste band? I'm certain it's universal and I have no idea why. ??
I love all your boys. Carter and his pretend play makes me laugh so hard. And Evyn, she is just the sweetest thing. You are one lucky girl. I am sad that I have to share you again with work, but I am surviving :)
Love these pictures and stories, they just get better. Your family is entertaining but oh so lovable! Each of you is so precious to me. Love ya Mom
Seeing Mike take his nap reminded me of how you used to make fun of my nap technique in college. I think you called it the "death pose" or something! And I love Carter's imagination. Mark looks like such a great uncle. You are one fun blogger... Much love, B.
Kristen, your pics are great of the kids. AND, the picture of Michael - what can I say - like father like son. If I knew how to attach the picture of his dad I took a couple of years ago, I would! I have it posted on the side of the fridge. Of course, Monty is "just resting his eyes" but with his hat over his face and percussion sounds coming out from under it! I love y'all.
Mama Lewis
is he laying NEXT to the bed?
crazyness.
i hate the floor... even walking on it. if i could walk on pillows all the time i would.
hmmmm... that gives me a great idea.
oh... and that mark, what a great uncle! wrap him up, i'll take two!
We like the floor nap position. It's an ode to Al Bundy.
Work at a-honks was a tough shift... but thanks to my kind "daddy" I made it. :) Saturday night was the most fun I've had in a long time!
Mark is a great uncle but I'm not sure what he does at a-honks.
ahonks...that is too funny!
Post a Comment