There is never a dull moment when you live with a three year old. Carter has recently rediscovered his plastic Viking attire (this has to be the best dollar that I ever spent at a garage sale). He has worn it non-stop for the last three days. He tells us that he is a scary Viking and he is not scared to fight dragons. His imagination has taken off within the last few months and he is so much fun to play with. We spent all morning chasing dragons and fighting bad guys. After I took this picture, I was completely amazed at how tall he looks- he is just so grown up now in so many ways.

Here is Carter in his PJs and Viking gear eating breakfast. He has been sleeping in the plastic armor for the last few days. While I can't imagine much that would be less comfortable, he is super happy, and that is good enough for me. What you can't see in this picture is that he is eating banana bread with a steak knife. He was stabbing it and eating it directly off the knife- very much like how I imagine a real Viking would eat banana bread!

And here is the proud Viking posing with his sister. I was taking Evyn's picture and he said "Mommy wait for me to be handsome too." This is what he wore to the grocery store today. He pushed the little kid buggy through the whole store dressed as a Viking smiling from ear to ear. He also wore the getup to the Science Spectrum yesterday with Mike, where he spun around and around on a "gravity exhibit" and got REALLY dizzy. Mike then buckled him into his carseat with the hard plastic breastplate and helmet and neglected to turn on the air conditioner. Poor Carter was looking green and sweating profusely when they picked me up for lunch and he proceeded to vomit all over Mike at Whataburger. The moral of the story is that you should not let a three year old wearing hard plastic get too hot or dizzy. You will be glad to know that it was nothing that a little Sprite could not fix.

This is the picture that I was taking of Evyn prior to the Viking including himself in the photo shoot! Look at how strong she is now.

Evyn and daddy on "daddy day." Her shirt says "Daddy's Little Princess" and it could not be more true.
I have hidden the Viking armor tonight in hopes that Carter will forget about it at least long enough for us to take him to church tomorrow. We'll see. If not, I am sure that Jesus will understand. . .
12 comments:
SO SO adorable! Love the little viking! Imaginations are the best. So cute. Thanks for sharing.
This Carter story reminds me of my sister. She had a few key outfits and refused to let my mother dress her: wedding dress including veil, grass skirt, and my favorite a ballerina leotard with tutu (she wore the leotard for so long that it almost looked like a thong in the end). It provides for good conversation at Christmas gatherings. Carter's pics will be great for his rehearsal dinner slide show!
Kristen:
What cute pictures. One day, you will be the photographer!
Nice furniture, too.
I love the armor pics!! You just can't have enough of that stuff when you're a little boy. I think we have at least 6 sets around our house!
Cutest little viking I ever did see...
How fun! It's so enjoyable watching them play and have fun! Especially when it keeps them entertained for days....
You said something about your 3 year old. How can he be 3 when he just had his 4th birthday party? If I'm confused I can only imagine how a 3/4/? year old Viking must be.
Papa Jim
I just wanted you to know how much my MacKenna loves her friend, Carter. She tells me every Sunday how he plays with her when nobody else does. I just think it is so sweet how much she thinks of him.
All of these pictures are great, but my favorite is of the little viking eating his banana bread. Looks like trouble!
did he make it to church in his viking outfit? I didn't see him! It would be a good visual aid if they learn about the Lord's army!
Everyone knows that vikings eat banana bread with their knife......how fun, makes me wish for a 3 year old again. That truly is a magical age, and Evyn, just gets cuter and cuter, how is that possible. Did he wear it to church?? We must know. BTW, I feel like I have not seen you in 100 years.....
Since Carter is now 4, can he join our t-ball team??
Post a Comment