Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Home Base.

Today was a strange day. I found myself daydreaming throughout the day about how great it would be to walk in the door after school. Carter normally runs to greet me in the garage and it thrills my heart every time! I started thinking about how much truth there really is when Dorothy says "there's no place like home." I am so blessed to have a home base to come to where life is simple and full of joy. Just look at what I get to come home to every day!

Carter needs a haircut. But because it is so long on top, I can almost get it to lay down with enough gel. He calls this look "zooked down."


Evyn is big enough that my arm gets tired after holding her now. She is still every bit as sweet as ever.

Carter dressed one of his bears in a pair of sister's jammies and insisted on taking a picture with all three of them.

We got to "watch" the Super Bowl with Kevin, Brigitte, Grace, Papa Jim and Judy! Brig and I watched some wretched home video of me doing soft shoe in college and laughed until our sides hurt. Carter and Grace were big buddies. It was a super fun night. Here is the young couple enjoying a lollipop together.

And playing hula hoop!

Our best attempt at corraling all of the kids for a picture.

And last, but not least, Mike with a pompom on his head!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Woo-hoo Mike.....you've never looked better!! ha, ha,ha

Carrie Maxwell said...

you are blessed... and i'm so glad you know and appreciate it.... most of all you deserve it, you are the best. :D

these pic's are great, i especially like the one where evyn is looking at bridge. really cute.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you manage to work fulltime, be a great and supportive wife, be the mom of the century, a friend to so many and still manage to keep your blog so wonderfully entertaining for all of us.
The pictures, as usual, are adorable. The sentiment, touching. I always look forward to your blog. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love that our kiddos love each other! Thanks for spending time with us, friend.