Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, February 9, 2009

It was worth a try.

My little "four year old" is not keeping his end of the bargain. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Any other ideas?

12 comments:

Chris and Carolee said...

Give him sometime he has not be four for that long! Ha Ha!

Unknown said...

Love him anyway! They grow up way too fast and are gone - hours away! This too shall pass. ; )

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh I was going to call you tonight before it got late and see how things were going! Sorry to hear this!

Carrie Maxwell said...

well... since you asked....

when he poops in his diaper, do you explain that big people poop in the potty... and maybe even have him observe how mommy and daddy go poo poo in the potty? maybe. (and trust me, it does no good to pretend. he'll want to check out your business) sorry, you asked.

we did a chart that hung on the bathroom wall. i took him to pick out his favorite stickers and every time he went pee pee in the potty he got a sticker and every time he went poop he got two stickers. i used to get a stickers every time i was successful as well. i think his favorite part was rewarding me. :)
we had a little dance party after either of us went.

i have to say though, i didn't really think it was working, and i was so frustrated thinking i was a failure... he even pooped in the tub once. yikes! then one day he just woke up and decided it was time. no fuss... he was just ready. i think that's key... when he's ready, he'll do it.

oh, and he never would go on the little seat that goes on the potty. he had to be on the big seat.

hope something in there helps. :D

Brooke said...

Dang....I really that was going to be it. It was a fabulous incentive! Hmmmm...I don't have any suggestions because I know you have tried them ALL! He will turn the corner soon!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any suggestions since I haven't reached this phase yet, but I will be calling when I do. At least y'all had a fun Saturday!

Mary said...

He's gonna get there K! Then when it does happen the long, hard road will be forgotten in time. He'll do it!!

Kelli Archer said...

Well, you are right..it was worth a try. Just keep praying through it!

Anonymous said...

Will he poop even if he is completely naked? Maybe he needs to have a really fun naked kind of a weekend drinking lots of apple juice:)

Anonymous said...

didn't mean to be anonymous... oops:)

kristen lewis said...

Jen,

We have spent days naked and I'll be darned if he can't hold it! This kid definitely has a will of his own! I think my new plan is to just try to wait him out. Surely before 2nd grade we will get there! I, however, am not opposed to the idea of a naked weekend for myself with lots of apple juice. Sounds sort of relaxing! :)

Darlene said...

I just ask "Fireman Paul" if he knew if Carter was pooping in the potty...sorry to hear it didn't work!! Have you tried putting a gumball machine in the bathroom & giving him a penny to buy a piece of gum every time he poops (not pee) in the potty?? It worked for us!!!