This seems like an amazingly simple concept and yet it is something that I struggle with daily. I am really trying to be intentional about savoring the gift of today rather than being sad that yesterday is over or apprehensive about what tomorrow holds. It amazes me how quickly weeks turn into months when you have a new baby- especially when you know that this will be your last baby! The time just flies by.
I also really struggle with feeling guilty about being a working mom. Truth be told, I love my job. But it is really hard to leave my babies to go to work. This week has seemed especially difficult to leave them for a bunch of random reasons. So yesterday it occurred to me that I need to be the best mommy that I can be every minute of my time at home, but it is also important that I be the best counselor that I can be every minute that I am at work. Again, amazingly simple, but pretty important.
So, for today, I am working on being fully present and living in each moment that God gives me.
12 comments:
I love your heart. here's to living in the moment and not wishing away the future.
Reminds me of a quote by Jim Elliot, "Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt of every situation you believe to be the will of God."
You are a wonderful mom to your kids! Don't ever let yourself think anything else!
I think all working moms struggle with this. It is an issue that I am dealing with as well, so thanks for sharing your heart. I tell myself over and over, "wherever you are be all there." What a simple yet tough comment to grasp.
I know it's a struggle and I will pray that you are able to live fully in the moment. You are so blessed to honestly love your job! I have never had a job that I can say I loved...well except when I had Carter at PDO, and YOU came every day and showed us your bewbies!!!! : )
Awesome thought sis! We talked about this at church last week- remind me to give you some details.
Way to go on being more intentional about living in the now! It doesn't sound like something that should be so difficult to do, but it truly IS! I struggle every day with this and get way too easily sucked into pouting about all the time that's gone. I really love the "be all there" quote Rachel posted. I think I might get that tattooed somewhere.
I love this post! You must be reading my mind! I think as moms, we always find ways to guilt ourselves about being not enough this or not enough that, but you're doing a great job lady and lets just savor what we have right here!
I'll give you a big AMEN on this one! I'm so guilty of bringing whatever is bringing me down where ever I go next whether it's home or school. It's hard to feel relaxed when you are already anxious about the next thing on the to do list!
You are such an amazing mommy; one of the best I've ever seen. Your children know that, for sure!
i'm totally with you on this. i feel the exact same way.
i keep telling myself to stop worring about messing my kid up... and just be there with him. i think that's really what he wants and needs.
your kiddos' are blessed to have you as their mommy!
Well put. I know how you feel. It is so hard to just check being mom in at the door, like a jacket or something. I tend to feel guilty about the fact that I don't feel that guilty about being away from my kids, how is that for self condemnation? You are a great mommy... who else would go to so much trouble to keep socks on their baby?
Oh.......I so need to do that too. I love what your friend Rachel quoted..."Wherever you are, be all there" that is so true. You are wonderful at all you do, and you are doing way better at it all then A LOT of people.....namely me, who does not have as much as you have to do......
Post a Comment