Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My 25 Random Things

I have put this tag off for a long time because it seems really intimidating to think of 25 random things about yourself, but I am a pretty random girl. So, here we go.

1. I frequently call people by their first and last name. I have no idea why I do this.
2. The toenail on my middle toe grows significantly faster than the others.
3. One of my biggest pet peeves is for skin to touch skin. I am OK with holding hands but I really don't like for bare legs to smash together, etc. This is also why I prefer to sleep in a bra. Strange but true.
4. I have a fascination with extracting things from your body that don't belong- popping zits, removing earwax, etc.
5. I still rub Carter down from head to toe every night with lotion.
6. I have major texture issues with food. Smooth foods should be smooth- no chunks in yogurt or salsa, etc. But I LOVE tapioca pudding. Go figure.
7. Anything thicker than skim milk makes me want to gag. But I adore eggnog. Again, go figure.
8. I have two babies but have never had a contraction!
9. I have never had a speeding ticket.
10. I have never tasted beer.
11. I am seriously addicted to Bonnie Bell chapstick. I probably have at least 50 tubes and I love them all.
12. Thursdays are my very favorite day of the week. They just seem special. That was always our fun night when we were dating and now it is our sacred family night. Plus there is great TV on. And it is "Friday Eve." So if you see me smiling on a Thursday, you will now know why!
13. I am terrible about remembering people and their names. I mean, really bad. Sometimes I introduce myself to the same person at least three times. Maybe this is why I tend to call people by both names. Who knows?
14. I have an inability to sleep when there are dishes in my sink or my house is a mess. I simply don't rest well in chaos. Other people's mess does not bother me, but I can't stand my own mess.
15. I am perhaps the sweatiest person on the planet. I sweat from my face like a man. It is completely humiliating. I don't even have to be hot to sweat- it just happens. Sometimes it happens when I am nervous or sometimes it happens if there is no moving air in a room. Sometimes it happens just to keep me humble. Humiliating, I tell you.
16. I once gave a wedgie to a Chinese woman that I did not know in a public library.
17. I have a huge scar on my back. It is about 14 inches long and pretty ugly. I forget that it is there because I never look at my back.
18. I have seen U2 live on their last three tours and loved every minute of it. Also, I would totally make out with Bono if the opportunity ever presented itself.
19. I have a bad habit of breaking toes. It seems to happen at least once a year.
20. I don't digest lettuce or almonds. Don't ask me how I know. Trust me, you don't want to know.
21. I have been to Mexico, China, Italy, Greece, France and England. I would love to go to Spain, Australia, Ireland, Africa. . .
22. I have lived in three houses, all within a one mile radius for my entire life excluding college.
23. I am perhaps the world's worst skiier and I literally failed ski school. My last two ski trips ended with a torn ACL and an enormous scab on my face. It scares me to death but Mike really loves it, so I keep trying.
24. I am shamefully bad at geography. Mike makes me play a game called "city or state" where he says something like "Pennsylvania" and then I tell him if it is a city or a state. I don't usually win.
25. I still sleep with a teddy bear. His name is Spike Bear and I have had him for 21 years. If my house was on fire, I would come back inside to to save Spike Bear.

11 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

i LOVE this list.

okay, 4 is also a facination of mine... just never admitted it before.

9 & 10 just seem abnormal. :D

i need more info on 16... you can't just leave us hangin'...that's good stuff

more stuff on 17 also

awesome list :)

Angie said...

I just LOVE reading these 25 Things tags...they are SO enlightening! #16 has me LMAO. I think we need the rest of the story now. And lemme just high five that last one (#25). Yeah!! Kristen, you are one bad mother function, baby!

Brooke said...

Those 25 things make you so lovable!! God help me, if there is one thing I would wish to do before I die, it would be to give a wedgie to a random Chinese lady. In a library, no less. I know that story and it is a classic one for sure! I frequent the library, so rest assured I'll be looking for an unsuspecting Chinese lady from now on.

Mika said...

Oh Kristen, you make me laugh so much. I too am anxiously awaiting the rest of the stories on several of these.

If you get to sleep with your teddy bear, maybe Jake, my teddy bear since I was 13, should get to sleep with me. :)

You're the best!
Gert

Monica Curry said...

And I have never noticed your middle toenail. I will be inspecting it sometime today. Thanks.

Jenn said...

Your love of extracting things (#4) I can attest to, seeing as how you were the one who introduced me to ear candles!

And 16?? Oh how I love that story, especially when I heard it from Shirley before I ever met you! :)

Anonymous said...

You are very funny. I want to know more about the wedgie. You will keep me curious all day, well atlease until lunch. I'm so glad you are my friend.

Lori E. said...

You just absolutely ROCK God friend!! I love your randomness, you are so entertaining. I know I have said that before, but you ARE SO entertaining. Let's go have a beer!! You are a blessing to the world and that is why you are so random, because God wanted you to be to bless others. Deep thought...........

Mary said...

I even learned a couple of things about you here! What fun, you did great, it's all quite random! :)

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

The Chinese wedgie story is an all-time fav Kristen story from lunch last year!

Anonymous said...

I love that I could have listed these for you ! The only thing I did not already know is the geography one. Wow. I am awful at that too! You are one in a million! love you.