Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I guess Carter is officially a preacher's kid.

You know you're a preacher's kid when. . .

1. Your mom finds 5 little rocks in the washing machine and you tell her that you put them in your pocket to kill Goliath but you only needed one.

2. You have an obsession with "Rack, Shack, Benny" and the "burnace."

3. Your favorite bedtime story is "the hurt guy" aka "the good Samaritan."

4. Every prayer starts with "Dear Heavenly Father, to have a beautiful day."

5. You believe that Jesus' last name is "amen." (In Jesus' name, Amen)

6. You can use the word Levite in context.

7. You happily tell all of your friends that sharing makes Jesus happy when you would like for them to share their toys with you.

8. You know exactly where the donuts are kept in the nursery and help yourself to one every Sunday after church.

9. Your favorite song is "this little light of mine."

10. One of your favorite activities is taking money out of your piggy bank so you can give it to Jesus!

I love it that at the age of 3 Carter-bug already has such a cool understanding of the Lord!

5 comments:

Heather Bolin said...

I heart this entry! Makes me want to have all boys. Love you friend, hope you are well. :)

Angie said...

Oh my ...that's precious!!

Mom said...

I loved when he said that Jesus had put Evyn in your tummy and the Dr. took her out :)

Mary said...

Love the Goliath story! How fun is that? How can you argue with it??

ashley said...

oh heavens, too precious. I would ask where he gets it, but...