Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

I normally try to find a cute and catchy title for a post that sort of sums up the situation, but I am finding that life with two kids rarely has a consistent theme and the pictures that I take usually have nothing to do with each other . Hence my new strategy of naming posts by their date. Because honestly, I dare you to tie the following pictures together. I guess I am apologizing for my consistently random blogging, but the stories are all too good to not share, so there you have it. You can't say you weren't warned.

Carter loves stuffed animals lately. Each one seems to fall into his good graces and become the "favorite" for about three days before he falls in love with a new one. Last week, "Amanda" the bear was his favorite. He would fix her hair with Evyn's bows and absolutely insisted that she had a birthday last Sunday. He would not rest until we blew up balloons, sang happy birthday, and made cupcakes. Carter is helping her blow out the candle on her cupcake. Happy Birthday, Amanda!

Some sweet friends handed down a fabulous doll house to us, and the kids have played with it non-stop all week. The very first thing that Evyn did was sit on the front porch. She looks like a giant terrorizing the little people. I promise she was smiling until I took her picture!

We had a snow day on Friday, and both babies were a little under the weather so we stayed inside for most of the weekend. I attempted to give Evyn pigtails on Saturday, but they ended up whopperjawed and then I had a mess of hair on top that I had no idea what to do with. We lovingly called her our African queen all day. I am glad that this was a day that we did not need to get out!

I love bath time pictures. There is something so sweet about a naked baby playing in the tub. For grins, I posted a few pictures of Carter-man in the tub at comparable ages to Evyn. Pure sweetness, I tell you.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Kristen, for posting these. I will NOT try to tie them together. I just enjoy seeing Carter and Evyn! You just cannot imagine how I look forward to seeing your pics that you post! ☺

Mary said...

It's so funny, I think that Evyn always looks so much older than Carter when you post pics that are taken at the same ages. Maybe it's all her hair, I don't know.

Jenn said...

I love, love, love the picture of Evyn sitting on the porch, too cute!

Brigitte said...

Boy would I love to bring my two little girls over to play with Evyn and that dollhouse. Too fun! And bath pictures are just sweet. I agree, life with kids happens randomly and there's no need to tie it all together in a blog post. I might just have to start doing that more myself. Love you, K!

Organized Chaos said...

Love the African Queen. Too cute.

Lori E. said...

I love the pictures! I am catching up on blogs today and yours is so entertaining! Sorry I missed your class last night. :-( Once again boys dominated. Hope Evyn is feeling better!