While I missed them like crazy, I had so much fun with Mike. We intentionally savored all of the little things- 6 hours of uninterrupted conversation in the car both directions, eating in restaurants that don't have high chairs, no strollers and diaper bags, staying up irresponsibly late, not watching any cartoons, holding hands with someone my own size, and falling in love all over again. I have said it before, but I married the best man in the world. He makes me laugh until my sides hurt, challenges me, and loves me in the purest sense of the word. Wherever he is feels like home to me. I think that I sometimes get so distracted by little things in life that I forget to look him in the eye when we talk or we don't take time to tell each other that we would choose them again. This weekend was exactly what we needed!
Our sweet friends, Heather and Jody, got married this weekend in Fredericksburg and Mike was a groomsman. I took Friday off of work and we hit the road. We ate at Cooper's BBQ on the way there (it completely creeped me out for the record), and then arrived at the cutest little bed and breakfast! Mike booked it as a surprise, and it was perfect. It was out in the middle of the country- the stars were so bright at night, there were deer in the morning, and we never saw another human there. Heavenly!
It was an amazing weekend. I am so excited for Heather and Jody as they start on this wonderful adventure and feel so blessed to be on the journey that I am on with Mike. It was great to get home to Carter and Evyn, but I am going to try to be better about being intentional about leaving them behind every now and then to focus on my first love! I loved every minute!
7 comments:
Lady Bird Johnson would be so proud of your photos of the beautiful wildflowers! Looks like y'all had a wonderful time!
Bed and breakfast, time alone with your husband, a wedding, and wildflowers...definitely a recipe for an amazing weekend! Your pictures were gorgeous and you are too, friend. Glad you and Mike had a fabulous time together!!!
I'm sad I missed the picture, too. Boo! :)
Mike looked fabulous! You looked beautiful :). The cakes looked yummy, the flowers, lovely, & the bride was gorgeous. So glad you had a wonderful time.
the wedding looked wonderful! what a fun time....my most favorite city ever....makes me want to go bed and breakfasting...nothing better!!!!
So glad you went and had a special time. You are beautiful! The pictures are gorgeous! Great job!
Wow! So much fun! I am sooo jealous of you! What a fun getaway! Great pics. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment